New line etiquette?

MaryJaneP

Short of them selling a 6 foot spacing device (undoubtedly already in production with some IP or character tie-in), it is hard to imagine any lines (Standby, FP+, Single Rider) being extended enough to make this a reality. By then, perhaps the social distancing thing will be an old-timey reminder of this cluster. Good question, though

Pepper's Ghost

I wonder if in X months when Disney opens, if they will change "please use all available space" to "please stay 6 feet behind the party ahead of you?" I'm always annoyed at people stepping on my heels and yelling at me to move up for leaving space in front of me.

Honestly, anyone who shows up on day 1 of the reopening is not concerned about the virus anyway, and will be standing on your heals until you let them pass. My guess is lines will look like normal from day 1 of reopening because those individuals don't care which is their prerogative. This is the point of another thread I started. My suggestion is if personal space and COVID are a concern to you, you shouldn't return to the parks until later this year and we see if outbreaks reoccur due to the reopening of everything. JMO

Parker in NYC

Honestly, anyone who shows up on day 1 of the reopening is not concerned about the virus anyway, and will be standing on your heals until you let them pass. My guess is lines will look like normal from day 1 of reopening because those individuals don't care which is their prerogative. This is the point of another thread I started. My suggestion is if personal space and COVID are a concern to you, you shouldn't return to the parks until later this year and we see if outbreaks reoccur due to the reopening of everything. JMO

Agreed. Which is why you won't find me anywhere near WDW for a while after it reopens.

kimberlymautz

Hopefully after this passes people will just automatically be a little more cautious of other people and "personal space". I definitely hate when I'm standing in line and the person behind me is so close it's like I can feel them breathing. Once the COVID is a distant memory I won't worry about people being close to me, but keep yourself a step away. 😂

thomas998

A 6 foot space is simply not going to happen in the park, but it would be interesting to see how the park looked IF everyone that went tried to maintain that kind of spacing. I'm reminded of the elbow to elbow spacing you get near any show, near any parade, and on mainstreet after the last fireworks are finished a you have a mass of people leaving.... or at the monorail and ferry boat queues. If you really wanted that kind of spacing the lines when everyone is leaving the park would stretch all the way back to the castle. Then of course you have to wonder how to you sit on the parking lot trams and allow 6 feet between everyone? If the goal is to maintain social distancing you can't just do it for the attraction lines and ignore it everywhere else... although it wouldn't surprise me if people did start leaving more space when in a ride line but not when they are everywhere else... that will be funny to me as I can see now some angry guest telling people not to stand so close.

Last edited:

ThatMouse

Original Poster
They could close every other queue line and every other seat, not have parades or shows, and they could restrict capacity by only allowing 1/3 of those in by reservation only. I'm sure this is what executives are discussing, but it doesn't sound very feasible or fair.

JIMINYCR

They could close every other queue line and every other seat, not have parades or shows, and they could restrict capacity by only allowing 1/3 of those in by reservation only. I'm sure this is what executives are discussing, but it doesn't sound very feasible or fair.
A possibility that may be a viable option. It would work if as people are suspecting that numbers of guests returning will be low due to fear or financial issues.

RobWDW1971

The day before WDW closed and after the announcement of closing due to the virus was made, Space Mountain had a two hour line - that's all you need to know about when the parks reopen.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
A 6 foot space is simply not going to happen in the park, but it would be interesting to see how the park looked IF everyone that went tried to maintain that kind of spacing. I'm reminded of the elbow to elbow spacing you get near any show, near any parade, and on mainstreet after the last fireworks are finished a you have a mass of people leaving.... or at the monorail and ferry boat queues. If you really wanted that kind of spacing the lines when everyone is leaving the park would stretch all the way back to the castle. Then of course you have to wonder how to you sit on the parking lot trams and allow 6 feet between everyone? If the goal is to maintain social distancing you can't just do it for the attraction lines and ignore it everywhere else... although it wouldn't surprise me if people did start leaving more space when in a ride line but not when they are everywhere else... that will be funny to me as I can see now some angry guest telling people not to stand so close.
Sunscreen with sanitizer in it. It's not a thing yet, but it will be -- mark my words.

england1

Morning all
We have a trip fully paid for beginning of July, for the reasons about my wife does not want to return to the parks so soon if they are open and if flight are available, the problem we have is if open and flights are going from the uk l dont think our insurance will cover us for cancelling just because we dont want to go ?

celluloid

I don't think distancing queue space would do much good when you have people loading into ride vehicles right after that are not six feet around you, even if every other chair or row is loaded.
Social Distancing will have died down then except for those who are still washing their groceries as soon as they get home and or too scared to go to places like theme parks are movie theaters still.

Lilofan

I don't think distancing queue space would do much good when you have people loading into ride vehicles right after that are not six feet around you, even if every other chair or row is loaded.
Social Distancing will have died down then except for those who are still washing their groceries as soon as they get home and or too scared to go to places like theme parks are movie theaters still.
How is social distancing going to work at the front of the main entrance at the theme parks prior to park opening. A line of guests stretched for miles?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom