New line etiquette?

drizgirl

Bypassing stretch room, Rod Serling parlor/library, music recording studio, Dr Marsh and Grant Seekerish holding tanks ruin attractions.

Those tanks, as tired and long in the tooth as some are, serve a very real purpose: storytelling. I want the whole story, not some edited rendition.
Would you rather they wait months longer to reopen?

HongKongFooy

Would you rather they wait months longer to reopen?

I'm not sure.......tough call. What I know positively is marching through an area where we should have been held for briefings devoted to attraction plot continuity will greatly hurt the overall experience.
Even that "old hat", "long in the tooth" Marsh and Seeker exchange is needed so imagine how essential the stretch room scene is to me.

Personally, I think I would not go on the attractions or possibly to the parks as a whole if that will be the new normal.

Because if that is the new normal in "holding tanks" then obviously the entire property will practice guest to guest minimum radius. No more parades, fireworks or priceless diversions like Voices of Liberty, Divina or Cadaver Dans.

JustAFan

Bypassing stretch room, Rod Serling parlor/library, music recording studio, Dr Marsh and Grant Seekerish holding tanks ruin attractions.

Those tanks, as tired and long in the tooth as some are, serve a very real purpose: storytelling. I want the whole story, not some edited rendition.
Even the intro spiels for Soarin, Rise of the Resistance, Flight of Passage. I'm sure adjustments can be made, but those are part of the experience and even a functional part of crowd control and safety briefing.

NormC

In my opinion the only things Disney will change are their procedures for cleaning and how interactions with CMs and characters take place. They are going to return to business as usual because they understand they cannot enforce human behavior. How many cases of rotovirus or norovirus have been reported from the parks? How about food born illnesses from buffets?

It will up to us to continue the best practices. We know how well Disney has tried to modify behaviors in the past, ie large tour groups like Pop Warner, cheerleaders, and foreign tour groups.

Wendy Pleakley

This raises the question, will Disney operate normally when they do open?

Until such time that COVID is eliminated completely, or a vaccine is available, a theme park will remain a public health risk. Even if malls and restaurants return to something closer to normal, the same may not apply to theme parks.

Social distancing is possible, but only if they significantly cap attendance. Could we see theme parks open but restricted to resort guests? Could we see annual pass admissions suspended beyond a date the parks open to regular ticket buyers?

FutureWorld1982

Yes, however there are many railings that people glide their hands upon throughout the day.
This comes up pretty frequently, but as other have said, you are not required to touch railings (I never did that even before this outbreak), you are not required to touch a lap bar (you can simply choose not to ride that particular attraction), yet 100% of Guests are required to scan their finger just to enter the park unless they go to Guest Relations to ask to bypass that, and even then it results in a lengthier process that doesn't make it a viable option for most people. This is one of the things I hope Disney and Universal address soon. SeaWorld's parks already fixed this YEARS ago by switching to a contactless entry system (which works very, very well in my opinion).

ThatMouse

Original Poster
Lots of people use handwipes and sanitizers. Handwashing stations should replace drinking fountains.

Lilofan

Lots of people use handwipes and sanitizers. Handwashing stations should replace drinking fountains.
Save the drinking fountains! I fill up with my empty water bottle along with the other guests filling up at the water fountain doing the same thing. To pay Disney prices for bottled water is insanity.

NickMaio

A virtual queue is fine, but eventually you have so many people hanging around not waiting in line that they're going to have nowhere to go. At any given time in the parks, there has always been a huge percentage of the day's attendance in a line somewhere. Abolish the lines and you have a lot more people milling about.
Theme parks and social distancing wont work.....it just wont.
Especially the most attended park in the world.
WDW will need to seriously limit attendance.

ThatMouse

Original Poster
I believe every bathroom has a hand washing station.

But these stations are behind bathroom doors and people you literally bump into along the way, so it's pointless you wash your hands and then touch another surface right after.

Bpmorley

Honestly, anyone who shows up on day 1 of the reopening is not concerned about the virus anyway, and will be standing on your heals until you let them pass. My guess is lines will look like normal from day 1 of reopening because those individuals don't care which is their prerogative. This is the point of another thread I started. My suggestion is if personal space and COVID are a concern to you, you shouldn't return to the parks until later this year and we see if outbreaks reoccur due to the reopening of everything. JMO
If it's feasible for me I'll be there opening day. I'm exposed in work. guys have tested positive and got sick. some positve and no symptoms. I guess I'll find out this week. They just knocked my whole platoon off. Maybe they should only open for essential employees. or is that just another word for expendable?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom