New Limited EPCOT shirts on OCT 1

Figment82

I was talking to a manager in MouseGear this evening and they promised me this information posted on this board is incorrect! This is what was communicated to me.

There will be one shirt to celebrate Epcots 25th. The t-shirt will be limited edition of 1,982 units to celebrate the opening year of the park.

In addition, existing retro t-shirts will also be available on 10/01. (meaning they stocked up on the existing retro items) No new retro items will be introduced on the day on the celebration.

Thought everyone should know.

Which manager did you speak to? Just curious...

I know of the shirt that you're talking about, and it's very nice. I had never heard of the other 3, but I'm not privvy to a lot of information about what's happening on the 1st. I do know of at least one other piece of merchandise being released, but I'm keeping mum!

epcotcenter2001

I don't know the name of the manager but he was very nice. He also would tell me what the item looked like. (which was nice since a suprise is always refeshing)

He 100% promised me there is only 1 t-shirt to celebrate the event.

Figment82

I don't know the name of the manager but he was very nice. He also would tell me what the item looked like. (which was nice since a suprise is always refeshing)

He 100% promised me there is only 1 t-shirt to celebrate the event.

That's okay, I was just curious. :) I agree - a surprise is nice. I'm glad the design is being kept secret. I'll just be glad when its finally released so I don't have to keep quiet anymore. :p

Enigma

Account Suspended
Isn't it just a t-shrit with that SSE image on it with the monorail line wraping around it. Its based on the poster that says "The 21st century begins October 1st 1982".

Im really mad they wont release more EPCOT CENTER merchandise on a permenant basis I would buy more if it were available. I got the hat and the yellow shirt and am so pleased with both purchases.

Foolish1

Isn't it just a t-shrit with that SSE image on it with the monorail line wraping around it. Its based on the poster that says "The 21st century begins October 1st 1982".

I have no knowledge of any kind about the 25th, but as soon as I heard there would be *any* limited edition t-shirts, this design was the very first I thought of. Actually, I just kind of *assumed* that this would be at least one t-shirt. I mean, it has to be the coolest of all the EC logos that got much viewing.

And I agree, if there was more EPCOT Center merchandise, I would actually buy it. I buy at most one Epcot item a year right now. While I like Disney a great deal, how many spatulas, coffee pots, etc. can I really use? I consider myself an EPCOT Center addict. (Maybe I should consider changing my screen name.) Most of the Epcot stuff they sell, while not that much, is pretty generic. Or am I the only one that feels this way?

By the way, how many people remember the passes and merchandise bags that Disney used at EPCOT Center prior to the Disney Studios opening in 1989? I have several bags from mid-1980's, several "admission media", and several maps from the time. They bags were cool because they were exclusive to EC, oh and also made of paper. They had most of the countries and FW pavilions depicted on the bags, and Magic Kingdom was not even mentioned. I realize it's easier and cheaper to print bags for all 4 parks, especially given there are 4 parks, but it was so cool having bags to distinguish each park.

TomDisney

Can someone save me at least a pin or a shirt?? I can't get off work that day and won't get there til about 4:30!! :animwink:

DicksonGR

Man I wish I was gonna be there on the 1st! I also bought the hat and yellow t-shirt. It was amazing how many cast members commented on it.

All of you have a great time, and snap lots of footage for all of us that feel sooooo far away!

urbanvegan

I am SO glad I'm a runner - I'm gonna get from the International Gateway to Mousegear in no time! I'll just pretend it's the Marathon again!

daverube

What Rick didn't tell you is that each shirt will cost $1,982.00. The proceeds will be used by Disney as an offset for the cost of removing the evil wand.....

dave

dxwwf3

Maybe once these bad boys sell out QUICKLY, we will start to see more. I know seeing all of this retro merchandise really has to bother quite a few people around here, but if it sells you can't say anything :)

LeeLee D

There will be one shirt to celebrate Epcots 25th. The t-shirt will be limited edition of 1,982 units to celebrate the opening year of the park.

Can you picture it, all of us rushing to Mouse Gear. Remember the Christmas when Cabbage Patch Kids first came out..it'll be like blood in the water!

Derrick

OH WHAT... I don't get out there till the 5th, with that limited number of shirts I don't stand a chance..

Someone get in line and buy me a couple and I'll meet you next Friday.. :animwink: I'll pay ya!! :)

sillyspook13

While all of you are going to Mouse Gear for your shirts I'll be headed for Imagination for my limited edition 1,200 Figment plush.

Bwahaha!!!:goodnevil

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom