New Kali River Rapids sign...

Skipper Dan

Original Poster
I couldn't find this information anywhere else on the site.

While in DAK (Disney's Animal Kingdom) earlier this month, I noticed that a new sign had been added at the entrance to Kali River Rapids; I snapped a couple of photos:

IMG_7226.jpg

IMG_7228.jpg

PS Steve, fill free to use them. :wave:

Pete C

That's cool...can they make the ride more exciting than the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon now? I always forget that this ride even exists until somebody here mentions it or I see it at AK. Grizzly River Run and Popeye's Bilge Rat Barges, now those are real rapids rides...especially Popeye's.

Matpez

That's cool...can they make the ride more exciting than the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon now? I always forget that this ride even exists until somebody here mentions it or I see it at AK. Grizzly River Run and Popeye's Bilge Rat Barges, now those are real rapids rides...especially Popeye's.
Popeye's Bilge Rat Barges is amazing, although they really should redefine "wet" as "completely drenched" for it.

FigmentJedi

Well I'm glad Kali River Rapids is relatively tame. Disney wasn't cruel enough to build something like the raft ride at Valleyfair. I swear that's the most evil water ride ever conceived.

Shadowdawn

Popeye's Bilge Rat Barges is amazing, although they really should redefine "wet" as "completely drenched" for it.

So true. I convinced my boyfriend to go on the buzzsaw falls one b/c I thought it would be like Splash Mountain, no big deal. I was so wrong.

Skipper Dan

Original Poster
that's new? Isn't that just the sign on the right hand side of the FP building?
:shrug:

No, it is a new sign, on the edge of the FP (FastPass) building. It replaced the previous. I will post a photo of the original later on tonight. :wave:

Jasonflz

Popeye's Bilge Rat barges really did redefine wet.

RSoxNo1

Popeye's Bilge Raft Barge is almost too long. There's no big drop to drench half the boat, and there are two lift hills.

I know Kali was meant to be longer, it's a shame that it wasn't. I think the queue is very well done, and I think it would almost be better if the ride started out indoors in some buildings similar to the queue before it goes outside.

The conservation message is very quick and delibrate, but aside from that the ride's connection to Animal Kingdom is loose at best.

magicmaya

Agreed. My local Six Flags has a better rapids ride.

I know the budget got cut, blah, blah, blah. But really? That is the best they can do? It's sad when the queue is more interesting than the ride.

Mine does too.And it's in georgia.Nothing is amazing in georgia!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom