News New Instagram Wall in Toontown

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster
Disney has repainted the large gate near Minnie's house in Toontown, once again. This time it's perfect for taking selfies and sharing them on Instagram, so you can be the coolest kids on that side of the internet superhighway. Just remember to not use #purplewall this isn't Stitchland!

180º

The most hilarious part is this is a backstage entrance. Inevitably, many an unexpecting custodial, attractions, F&B, character/character host CM will walk right out from the side opening, just trying to make it to their location, and inadvertently perform the perfect sneak photobomb attack.

CaptainAmerica

Perfect for the Millennials then.
Can confirm. Am a millennial. Millennials suck.

Toontown needs a renovation. Easily the biggest waste of space, next to the whole "Autopia" area, Star Wars Launch Bay, and dare I say.. Fantasyland theater.
Really? We loved Fantasyland theater. The performers were hilarious.

EDIT: Never mind. I was thinking of the Royal Theater. We didn't get to see Mickey and the Magical Map because it was only showing on weekends and we were there mid-week.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Can confirm. Am a millennial. Millennials suck.

Really? We loved Fantasyland theater. The performers were hilarious.

EDIT: Never mind. I was thinking of the Royal Theater. We didn't get to see Mickey and the Magical Map because it was only showing on weekends and we were there mid-week.

I never see that theater in use. I'm sure they use it but it's been years since I've actually seen something going on in there. IMO, they should renovate it and create an entirely new show - like a mini version of Hyperion.

SuddenStorm

Characters off-model and looking like middle-school dance decor..."celebrate" with a lower-case "c".... Mickey and Minnie referred to as "your pals" maybe because the person who did this didn't know the characters' names...

Did all the professional artists at DL quit recently?

I remember a few months ago it got brought up on here that none of current WDI are trained as artists like the first and second gen WDI/WDI designers were. I think this proves it. I think there are toddlers doing a better job in the Animation Academy at DCA.

TP2000

It looks like it belongs painted on the walls of a nursery

Almost exactly what I was thinking. Except my thought was slightly different...

It looks like it belongs painted on the walls of a nursery in some minor Chinese city where they have no copyright protection laws and where they can get some random 20 year old Chinese guy to paint slightly off yet reasonably accurate copyrighted characters in a really tacky color scheme and with bizarre art direction.

Honestly, this artwork is really dumb and more than a little tacky. Why? :oops:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom