New Innoventions Exhibit??? (Opportunity City)

speck76

Original Poster
While in Innoventions this weekend, they have area 12 (was the Mission Space preview area) marked on the entrance maps as "Opportunity City", although the name does not appear on the overhead road signs.

Anyone have any info on this?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
i noticed that as well... most of the innoventions CM mentioned that something new was slated to go in there, but none knew what it was

goofyguy

I was scheduled for training in the area a couple of weeks ago, but it (training) was delayed. I'm only there on weekends, so I'm not sure if others have gotten training or if the venue is having delays.

As for what the venue will be like, since I don't know what I'm allowed to talk about, I'll just play it safe and say nothing. Sorry. The information we have about it is kind of vague anyway.

DisneyDrum

I think Opportunity City is tied to the Hot Shot Business Disney Online game. It's where you run businesses or something. I've never tried it myself, but I know they have been pushing it through banner ads on their website. It seems logical that they would put something tied to this in Innoventions.

speck76

Original Poster
DisneyDrum said:
I think Opportunity City is tied to the Hot Shot Business Disney Online game. It's where you run businesses or something. I've never tried it myself, but I know they have been pushing it through banner ads on their website. It seems logical that they would put something tied to this in Innoventions.

I am not so sure about that.....on the Innoventions map, Opportunity City has a round symbol, much like the early Epcot attractions.....the symbol does not match any that are found on the Hot Shot Business website.

corran horn

quote...

Tapping into tweens’ natural curiosity and Internet savvy, Hot Shot Business welcomes kids to “Opportunity City,” where animated teen characters Kate and Jack help players recognize and act on business opportunities to meet the citizens’ needs. Players can borrow capital or put up their own money to open a business such as a skateboard factory, pet spa or comic book shop.

speck76

Original Poster
corran horn said:
quote...

Tapping into tweens’ natural curiosity and Internet savvy, Hot Shot Business welcomes kids to “Opportunity City,” where animated teen characters Kate and Jack help players recognize and act on business opportunities to meet the citizens’ needs. Players can borrow capital or put up their own money to open a business such as a skateboard factory, pet spa or comic book shop.

Well....I guess that is pretty clear then

CTXRover

Sounds like Innoventions is finally getting some new stuff/life put into it. Once this area opens that will be, what, three new areas in the past few months? First the Plastic Works, then the Where's the Fire exhibit and now this, even if it small as the MS preview area was small. I'm going to have to venture through Innoventions again...before it always seemed like they were "Innovating something new" when I walked through it (in other words, a lot of construction walls for the longest time with very little to do)

goofyguy

corran horn said:
quote...

Well, I guess I didn't need to be so cryptic. That is in fact what will be going in.

DarkMeasures

corran horn said:
quote...

Why can't it be more serious? Ahhhhhh!!! *stabs every tween in a 10 mile radius*

HorizonsMan

i know some very relibles sources that say that it will be a new interactive area with the hot shot game and a few others in there as well, the area looks amazing and im sure it will bring new interactive fun to the area

speck76

Original Poster
I think Innoventions may be getting it second wind......the 2 exhibits that have opened recently seem to be better than what they replaced, and the amount of construction walls is slowly decreasing.

longfamily

Let's hope so. It seems as though innoventions has lost something over the past decade or so. Am i the only one that feels something is missing? I just can't put my finger on it...

DisneyDrum said:

http://www.mickeynews.com/News/DisplayPressRelease.asp_Q_id_E_774Spot

it doesn't say anything of them building anything new, but it does mention the city. *shrugs* We'll just have to go on a wait for it.

goofyguy

speck76 said:
I looks like it will be open soon....the drape is down, the wall remains.

It should be open tomorrow (Sunday the 14th). They were pulling down the walls when I left work this evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom