New info about Nemo ride!

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I just got the Mickey Monitor today. It talks about everything that will be happening soon with the Year of Million Dreams. There's a lot about The Seas with Nemo & Friends:

Mickey Monitor said:
Your "clamoblie" will glide you and the kids through an "immersive" environment where an original story takes up where the movie left off. "The new story is that Nemo is happily exploring his world," Alex Wright of Walt Disney Imagineering told us. "Marlin and Dory-and all of us- are trying to keep up with the little guy.
"We'll start off by running into Mr. Ray's Field trip, he's taking the other little fish for their daily exploration. Every time Dory sees Nemo, but she keeps forgetting and can't tell Marlin." The attraction is brimming with memorable moments. "When you encounter the jellyfish, they'll light up as Dory bounces over them," Alex adds. "There'll be a pretty scene where everyone's mesmerized by the lights of the anglerfish. ANd when the sharks pop out from the ruins and tease you, they claim they have no intention of eating Marlin, though he doesn't quite believe them."
The most amazing part of thenew attraction will occur when your clamobile enters the gigantic aquarium where Nemo and all his friends will appear to actually swim alongside the real-life creatures of the coral reef.

There will be a passholder preview weekend. It stay tuned because info about the event will be released soon. It looks like they added a lot of actual "ride" and then you go on the tracks of the original Seacabs. There is also something about the Finding Nemo-The Musical at Animal Kingdom. It will be in an enclosed theater, with airconditioning and enhanced lighting effects. There will be songs like "We swim out, we swim back in!", "Big Blue World", "Dory's Ditty", "Fish are Friends, Not Food" "Where's My Dad?" "Just Keep Swimming" and "Go With the Flow".:)

DDuckFan130

I received the Mickey Monitor yesterday as well. I'm very excited to see this attraction. It'll actually make me want to go back to the Living Seas, just like Soarin' made me want to go back to the Land.

Can't wait :sohappy:

Disnut

DDuckFan130 said:
I received the Mickey Monitor yesterday as well. I'm very excited to see this attraction. It'll actually make me want to go back to the Living Seas, just like Soarin' made me want to go back to the Land.

Can't wait :sohappy:

Is the Mickey Monitor for CM's or for anyone and how would I get one if I can?

BTW the ride sound interesting. I can't wait to go.

DDuckFan130

Disnut said:
Is the Mickey Monitor for CM's or for anyone and how would I get one if I can?

BTW the ride sound interesting. I can't wait to go.
The Mickey Monitor is for annual passholders only I believe...or in my case, seasonal passholders :)

Disnut

DDuckFan130 said:
The Mickey Monitor is for annual passholders only I believe...or in my case, seasonal passholders :)

Thanks I was hoping. Oh well. Too far away and not enough money to get seasonal or annual passes.:zipit:

DigitalDisney

I have reasonably high hopes for this one. I'm not expecting anything as awesome as Soarin' here, but I would like to see some well-done environments and special effects. Based on the quote above, it sounds like we will get that.

Thank goodness it's an omnimover, so the lines will keep moving.

Another benefit of this new (well, kinda new) ride is that it is yet another reason for more of Future World to stay open late.

yeti

This will be very cool. I think I'm going 2nd week of november. Will it be open by then? BTW,I wonder if because of all of this new technology that this will be a fastpass attraction.

imagineer99

Out of curiosity, won't the ride be really short? From what I remember of the Living Seas ride, the omnimover through the tank was really short...

DisneyBride94

I am looking forward to checking out the changes if it will be operational by the fall....I miss the old seacabs...I was sorry when they did away with them.

April

Epcot82Guy

imagineer99 said:
Out of curiosity, won't the ride be really short? From what I remember of the Living Seas ride, the omnimover through the tank was really short...

Yes. It is a short ride, but they have extended the track by a couple hundred feet. That doesn't add too much, but it is at least a solid scene. I think this may turn out to be ok. If they keep it as informative, this would be a good blend of information and entertainment. I'm interested to see the new projection technology. That should be a VERY cool scene.

I wonder if they are using any of the original Seas design in this. The concept art for the original "bubble" omnimover was spectacular, and I think several of these scenes match what those were.

bassman

sorry if this has been asked before but when is the new nemo ride supposed to open.
will it be open anytime between 1st and the 15th of september this year,thats when im in WDW and i would love to ride it if possible.

bassman

MooseImagineer said:
I thought I heard November...but I very well could be wrong:animwink:

aww man,november?!.:cry:
please let it be earlyer.
i have read somewhere that it was rumoured for opening sometime late september,but......hey what do i know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom