New Imagineering Field Guides Coming Soon

Tom

Beta Return
Space1205Mount said:
Are they any good? Did they tell Information that you didn't know?
Thanks,
space1205mount

As long as I've been on this board...and as many times as I've been to WDW...and as many backstage tours I've taken (some more than once) - I still learned quite a bit in the MK and Epcot ones. I loved them! I recommend them to anyone who is into:
1. Architecture/Design
2. History
3. Storytelling
4. Behind-the-Scenes
5. Or just reading about, and being overly impressed by, the amazing first imagineers.

THECARISMINE

I GOT BOTH AND LOVE'M GOT THEM IN BARNS AND NOBLE LIKE 2 MONTHES AGO:sohappy: IF YOU DON'T GOT THEM GET THEM THERE AS GREAT AS TONY THE TIGERS FEELINGS FOR FROSTED FLAKES!!!!!!:D

Rayray

You can get them off Amazon too. Might I suggest Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real for further reading if you enjoyed the imagineering field guides. It's like the field guides but larger and with big pictures of models, concept art, construction, and behind the scenes stuff. Plus, its got info on all parks (international too).:wave:

ScrapIron

This summer I pre-ordered a DVD along with the Epcot guide from amazon for the July release. Last July I pre-ordered the Harry Potter book. My experience is only pre-order from amazon if you want to essentially give them an interest free loan, and wait longer to get the item then it would've taken it had you waited until it was actually released.

Cheers.

SewIn2Disney

Overstock.com had both books.....that's where I got mine from, and essentially, with the discount, and plus the shipping it was cheaper if I went out and got it at a store.

A lot of the stores in the parks sell the books as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You want long waits? Try the Imagineering Genesis book. Put back to late 2006 to 2008 depending on where you look on Amazon :(

Scar Junior

Bravesfn1 said:
Yes, the Studios guide should be out sometime in Spring 2007.

Sounds great! Hopefully it will be chalk full of great facts about the Hunchba --, well maybe Sounds Da ---- hmmm... Surely there'd be something about Who Want To B ---- well at least there'd be something on how the park is a working studi ---- oh maybe not. Well, maybe something about the innovative attractions like Star T ---- er, how about Indiana J ---- Maybe it will talk about their hip new show Beauty and th ---- hmm....

Well, at least it will have facts about RnR and ToT (like that hasn't been overdone...)

I can't wait for this book!

animay

My only complaint about the Epcot book is that it's a little short on the history of individual attractions. There's hardly a mention of Horizons, but a ton of info about Mission Space. I was hoping for something more encompassing, but keeping it current makes more sense for the type of book it's supposed to be. One you carry through the park with you on your trip.

DisneyJill

I actually just bought the Epcot one yesterday at B&N. I got the MK one when I was at WDW last month and I LOVED it. I'm so excited to read the Epcot book!

I was finally able to find the EPCOT book at the bookstore...bought it Saturday and finished it Sunday. I have to say that I enjoyed the MK one better but I can't put my finger on why. Maybe because there were more lands/attractions to talk about, but obviously I did like this book seeing that I finished it in less than 24 hours. In the EPCOT book you will definetly learn that at Disney they use forced perspective when designing their buildings :p

Happy reading!! Can't wait for MGM and AK :sohappy: :wave:

JEDIsney

Scar Junior said:
Sounds great! Hopefully it will be chalk full of great facts about the Hunchba --, well maybe Sounds Da ---- hmmm... Surely there'd be something about Who Want To B ---- well at least there'd be something on how the park is a working studi ---- oh maybe not. Well, maybe something about the innovative attractions like Star T ---- er, how about Indiana J ---- Maybe it will talk about their hip new show Beauty and th ---- hmm....

Well, at least it will have facts about RnR and ToT (like that hasn't been overdone...)
:lol:

I loved both books, the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I had a great time reading them, and once I picked them up, I couldn't put them back down. There is so much interesting information in there. I was into it so much that I don't remember half of the information that I took out of it, since there's so much, so I'm just going to have to re-read them again.

animay said:
My only complaint about the Epcot book is that it's a little short on the history of individual attractions. There's hardly a mention of Horizons, but a ton of info about Mission Space. I was hoping for something more encompassing, but keeping it current makes more sense for the type of book it's supposed to be. One you carry through the park with you on your trip.
This is the only complaint about the Epcot book as well. I was hoping for a lot of information on Horizons and World of Motion (R.I.P. :cry:), but alas, there were only references to the rides while talking about Mission Space and Test Track. I think they could have included information and pages about extinct attractions without making the book too long or by dragging it on.

Looking foward to the rest!

JRawkSteady

I agree. I bought the Epcot book the day it came out (because I stumbled upon it in WDW...) I think it has a lot of info on the World Showcase, but not enough on anything in FutureWorld (except Mission:Space)... I can't wait for a Studios book...Hopefully it'll talk about some of the original attractions, like the Monster Sound Show.

jeffb

I was a little let down by both the MK and EPCOT books. My biggest complaint being their small size results in the incredibly small pictures of the amazing art work. However I still enjoyed both of them and if you liked them I would very highly recommend these two books (both which are still in print):

1. Designing Disney: Imageneering and the Art of Show (John Hench's book)
2. Walt Disney Imageneering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Maigic Real.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom