News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

TrainsOfDisney

If the extended queue is taking most of the park, does that mean the train station will be buried with a small entrance to it?
Access to the train station is already kinda buried with the trees, fountain and park. Appropriately, but it’s not like it’s a clear access currently.

The artist rendering also looked like the jazz band gazebo would open up for people in the park as well - this would be great since I love listening to the band but it’s awkward to take up a table when the restaurant is crowded.

I’m hopeful that we may get a train watching area - it was taken up by the former fast pass distribution- it would be really nice to have a train watching area at Disneyland.

Nirya

The absolute funniest result of this would be the hanging man staying and Constance getting taken out. All this arguments and we end up with the option that people would still find things to complain about.

Disney Analyst

I like how they told none of the Mansion CMs about this
“Hey good morning TDA has a gift for you!! Here are some walls, sorry for f---ing up your merge point lol”

So... is the fountain staying now, or are the walls just starting?

1704745892083.png

TrainsOfDisney

I think we are going to end up losing the fountain and the planters will shrink so they just surround the trees. If they do the gazebo for the jazz band right I might say it’s a win-lose.

Of course the issue with the haunted mansion wouldn’t be as bad without genie+ for an Omni-mover but that’s life!

AJFireman

WOW . Didn't expect them to be up this soon. This coming weekend is MLK Weekend and RunDisney Half Marathon Weekend. All Reservation banks except maybe On Site Hotels are full. This will most likely be a popular ride since it will be going under refurbishment for months.

D.Silentu

I think we are going to end up losing the fountain and the planters will shrink so they just surround the trees. If they do the gazebo for the jazz band right I might say it’s a win-lose.
I didn't notice whether Tiana's Palace kept the stage or not. Did it? If it did I would wonder why they would plan two spots for live music next to each other, unless the gazebo is meant to be ornamental.

TrainsOfDisney

I didn't notice whether Tiana's Palace kept the stage or not. Did it? If it did I would wonder why they would plan two spots for live music next to each other, unless the gazebo is meant to be ornamental.
Based on the concept art, I don’t think the stage is moving, but it will be open to both sides. Which is a win if you want to watch the band but are not eating.

There are also tables in the concept art, suggesting more tables / seating. And of course the planters around the trees are much smaller.

There does look like there is a new statue / fountain in the brick wall that will line the new park so maybe we loose a fountain but gain a fountain?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wonder if the burned down train structure will be part of this project.
This post from the Permit thread shows they are at least moving forward with the train station fix, whether part of this project or not.

Are they finally going to fix the New Orleans Square station?

Permit #:BLD2024-00063Address:1313 S Harbor Blvd 1599
Issued:1/4/2024Contractor:
Census:555 Non Structural Roofing PermitPhone #:
Parcel #:08219019Type Of Work:Reroof
Valuation:$200,000.00Description:Dlr - Railroad Station - Reroof: Remove Existing Material, Resheath As Necessary And Install (15) Squares Of Wood Shingles On To Commercial Building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom