New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Disneyhead'71

To be fair none of you have seen the blue prints of the ride - so you are only just guessing there is going to be a lot of interactivity.

Noticing the same posters were also saying Fast N Furious was going to be wildy different to Hollywood with more extended scenes, and plused up when the reality was it was cheap and lazy.

My point is, the last 4-5 years at Universal the creative team have been very poor. Since Diagon Alley they've had miss after miss, which lacks some faith i have in the project. This is not opinion, but fact. Jimmy Fallon, Fast Furious, Kong, have all been poor - by Universal high standards.

Two, my point on the space was they could have fitted in some major unique attraction or land in that zone - but to dedicate it to a coaster (then complain they don't have much space) is a contradiction i don't enjoy reading.

The attraction once again also fails in a remit to make attractions family friendly, that everyone can enjoy. Once again it will be a thrill attraction that stops most families riding it. Taking a family to Universal is difficult, because there are no middle of the road attractions (that don't involve a screen), except ET. So you either have to take an adrenalin thrilled attraction or something very tame. They don't do that 'inbetween'. It's the major reason it never really takes on Disney.

My overriding fear is this is just going to be some rushed out lazy coaster, in the mould of some generic Six Flags coaster - that may keep the adrenalin fan boys happy, but overall won't push Universal any further on.

If anyone has seen the plans, and can tell me this will be far more interactive, family friendly, storyline, i'll stand corrected. But till then, i have deep reservations. On the whole i think it's just going to be the 'Mummy coaster part 2'.
Some of us have seen the blueprints.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
To be fair none of you have seen the blue prints of the ride - so you are only just guessing there is going to be a lot of interactivity.

Noticing the same posters were also saying Fast N Furious was going to be wildy different to Hollywood with more extended scenes, and plused up when the reality was it was cheap and lazy.

My point is, the last 4-5 years at Universal the creative team have been very poor. Since Diagon Alley they've had miss after miss, which lacks some faith i have in the project. This is not opinion, but fact. Jimmy Fallon, Fast Furious, Kong, have all been poor - by Universal high standards.

Two, my point on the space was they could have fitted in some major unique attraction or land in that zone - but to dedicate it to a coaster (then complain they don't have much space) is a contradiction i don't enjoy reading.

The attraction once again also fails in a remit to make attractions family friendly, that everyone can enjoy. Once again it will be a thrill attraction that stops most families riding it. Taking a family to Universal is difficult, because there are no middle of the road attractions (that don't involve a screen), except ET. So you either have to take an adrenalin thrilled attraction or something very tame. They don't do that 'inbetween'. It's the major reason it never really takes on Disney.

My overriding fear is this is just going to be some rushed out lazy coaster, in the mould of some generic Six Flags coaster - that may keep the adrenalin fan boys happy, but overall won't push Universal any further on.

If anyone has seen the plans, and can tell me this will be far more interactive, family friendly, storyline, i'll stand corrected. But till then, i have deep reservations. On the whole i think it's just going to be the 'Mummy coaster part 2'.
Some of us have seen the blueprints.

CE1D5A8B-AB0B-410A-9A31-2F565569DB5D.jpeg

JoeCamel

You could always just ride 'The Mummy' - why repeat it ?
From another post of yours "Keep roller coasters at Six Flags. They're cheap, tacky to look and ruin the good name Walt created.

They have no place in Epcot either."

So you don't like coasters and you came to this thread to hate on one of the best to hit Otown in years?
Pretty sure your cube will be getting a new resident when the overlords see how poorly you handled this assignment. UOR is hiring!

Bob Harlem

From another post of yours "Keep roller coasters at Six Flags. They're cheap, tacky to look and ruin the good name Walt created.

So you don't like coasters and you came to this thread to hate on one of the best to hit Otown in years?
Pretty sure your cube will be getting a new resident when the overlords see how poorly you handled this assignment. UOR is hiring!

I wonder if they have heard of Ikra Nawaz?

JT3000

This is not opinion, but fact.

Did you... really just say that? Am I reading this correctly? :hilarious:

Wow. For a brand new member, you seem to have done your homework by readings a year's worth of posts!

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Granted, someone can always read a forum prior to joining, but I smell a rat in this particular case.

TwilightZone

Saying Walt wouldn't have wanted it or it ruins the good name he created makes no sense because he allowed both matterhorn and space mountain to happen. Both are not the best themed coasters on the planet.
Sometimes, I think Walt had no good name to begin with. He was just as money grabby as Iger is if you really look into it.

HauntedMansionFLA

Does JK Rowling’s have to give her approval for the final product and sign off on it?

Disneyhead'71

Let's hear all about it then.
As far as intensity, this coaster will be about as intense as Everest. It has no loops and Everest's big drop is larger than any drop on this coaster. Here is a great video a friend did explaining the attraction. She has seen the blueprints too.

And with the track now complete we can actually see what this coaster does. I included this breakdown earlier in the tread, but I will repost it here.

Potter_Coaster_Breakdown.jpg

Does JK Rowling’s have to give her approval for the final product and sign off on it?
Yes.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

As far as intensity, this coaster will be about as intense as Everest. It has no loops and Everest's big drop is larger than any drop on this coaster. Here is a great video a friend did explaining the attraction. She has seen the blueprints too.

And with the track now complete we can actually see what this coaster does. I included this breakdown earlier in the tread, but I will repost it here.

Yes.

Awesome!! Thanks for the information. I like the fact she has a say in the lands.

DarleneBurrows

Yes.

Far more confident after watching that.

I have my doubts, but if they pull it off and get the theming rite i will be overjoyed.

MagicJack78

"Whoosh, whoosh generic thrill coaster". You need to climb out of that cube and do some reading outside the bubble. Your agenda is showing.
I'm excited for this coaster as I think on paper it sounds amazing! With that being said, I'll wait to judge the final product as Universals PR and marketing departments have promoted far better project results vs. what has been seen in the past 5 years.

Secondly, and this has me the most concerned, a year if not less is not a very long time to execute on these lofty goals. Not saying it can't be done, just saying the skeptic in me will wait till this is complete to start judging this ride.

I think they will succeed as the Potter attractions are the best projects in Universal bar none and I think they will continue with the success of the Potter attractions, but once again can't wait to see it all done.

JoeCamel

I'm excited for this coaster as I think on paper it sounds amazing! With that being said, I'll wait to judge the final product as Universals PR and marketing departments have promoted far better project results vs. what has been seen in the past 5 years.

Secondly, and this has me the most concerned, a year if not less is not a very long time to execute on these lofty goals. Not saying it can't be done, just saying the skeptic in me will wait till this is complete to start judging this ride.

I think they will succeed as the Potter attractions are the best projects in Universal bar none and I think they will continue with the success of the Potter attractions, but once again can't wait to see it all done.
Um the track is complete. I think with some research you can see how it works now. Only questions are if it will be basically unthemed like Slinky or if what all the insiders that have seen the plans are saying and it will have rockwork, landscaping and show scenes with a couple of surprise tricks thrown in.
I already made my judgement to renew my AP next year based on what they have built so far.
This ride is going to be so much fun...

BrianLo

As someone who spent 3 years ting on F&F and feeling quite let down by Gringott's, really including Universal's output in general outside of Diagon Alley the last several years...

I think this project warrants the excitement that it is generating. Measured excitement. Seeing as the Universal fan group tends to overexagerrate everything as the second coming... but it probably will register as a top three attraction at Universal next to Spiderman and Forbidden Journey.

The only issue I always worry about with Universal is pacing. But I think it will be just enough stop and start without completely overdoing it. Plus the mid-section looks to be a fairly reasonable uninterrupted coaster segment.

I really like IOA and think it's probably the second best park in Orlando next to AK. The fledglings are far better than the flagships in Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom