New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Disneyhead'71

It's been several weeks since I've looked at construction photos, but a large chunk of what was previously Dragons wasn't being built on last I checked.
Picture from Bioreconstruct on July 27th

potter_coaster_727.jpg

Disneyhead'71

OK, here is an update to the layout I did yesterday to include the show scenes/coaster elements and added more drive tire sections like in front of Fluffy. I also put the backward tire drive section in gold.

Blue- Coast
Orange- Tire Drive (Fwd)
Gold- Tire Drive (Bkwd)
Red- LIMS
Purple- Fwd+Bkwd+LIMS
Lavender- Bkwd +LIMS
Green- Drop Tracks

Potter_Coaster_Breakdown.jpg

The main reason I wanted to do this was just to see how many technical elements are going into this attraction. This is a FAR more complex coaster than Everest.

raven

OK, here is an update to the layout I did yesterday to include the show scenes/coaster elements and added more drive tire sections like in front of Fluffy. I also put the backward tire drive section in gold.

Blue- Coast
Orange- Tire Drive (Fwd)
Gold- Tire Drive (Bkwd)
Red- LIMS
Purple- Fwd+Bkwd+LIMS
Lavender- Bkwd +LIMS
Green- Drop Tracks

Potter_Coaster_Breakdown.jpg

The main reason I wanted to do this was just to see how many technical elements are going into this attraction. This is a FAR more complex coaster than Everest.
After the drop section, your orange area actually had a small slope in reality. The slope down begins when moving onto this track from the drop-track section then the bottom of the slope is where to 2 tracks join. It’s only about a 6’ or 7’ slope but enough to get the vehicles moving.

DarleneBurrows

Such a huge volume of space dedicated to what appears to be a whoosh whoosh generic thrill coaster, that half the people won't ride.

Are there any reports that it will have stop scenes or some interaction, storyline?

Bob Harlem

JoeCamel

Such a huge volume of space dedicated to what appears to be a whoosh whoosh generic thrill coaster, that half the people won't ride.

Are there any reports that it will have stop scenes or some interaction, storyline?
"Whoosh, whoosh generic thrill coaster". You need to climb out of that cube and do some reading outside the bubble. Your agenda is showing.

Tom Morrow

This will be a highly themed family coaster that more people will ride than the whoosh whoosh generic thrill coaster it replaced.

Yes, Dragons had a unique element to it with dueling, but that disappeared years ago, and without it it was just a big ugly unthemed coaster* with a highly themed queue.

*I am not against exposed, unthemed track, but Dragons was visually unappealing compared to, say, Hulk.

TwilightZone

Negativity can only get you so far in life and these threads, you know. Reading and researching is a good start. Then joining the pixar pier thread and staying there is the next best choice.

DarleneBurrows

To be fair none of you have seen the blue prints of the ride - so you are only just guessing there is going to be a lot of interactivity.

Noticing the same posters were also saying Fast N Furious was going to be wildy different to Hollywood with more extended scenes, and plused up when the reality was it was cheap and lazy.

My point is, the last 4-5 years at Universal the creative team have been very poor. Since Diagon Alley they've had miss after miss, which lacks some faith i have in the project. This is not opinion, but fact. Jimmy Fallon, Fast Furious, Kong, have all been poor - by Universal high standards.

Two, my point on the space was they could have fitted in some major unique attraction or land in that zone - but to dedicate it to a coaster (then complain they don't have much space) is a contradiction i don't enjoy reading.

The attraction once again also fails in a remit to make attractions family friendly, that everyone can enjoy. Once again it will be a thrill attraction that stops most families riding it. Taking a family to Universal is difficult, because there are no middle of the road attractions (that don't involve a screen), except ET. So you either have to take an adrenalin thrilled attraction or something very tame. They don't do that 'inbetween'. It's the major reason it never really takes on Disney.

My overriding fear is this is just going to be some rushed out lazy coaster, in the mould of some generic Six Flags coaster - that may keep the adrenalin fan boys happy, but overall won't push Universal any further on.

If anyone has seen the plans, and can tell me this will be far more interactive, family friendly, storyline, i'll stand corrected. But till then, i have deep reservations. On the whole i think it's just going to be the 'Mummy coaster part 2'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom