New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

MagicJack78

How will this ride be in comparison to the Toy Story land coaster in regards to intensity and length? I ask as this coaster appears rather tame and maybe a bit short perhaps. Hard to tell. I know from a theming perspective this will be superior!

GLaDOS

How will this ride be in comparison to the Toy Story land coaster in regards to intensity and length? I ask as this coaster appears rather tame and maybe a bit short perhaps. Hard to tell. I know from a theming perspective this will be superior!

It'll be longer and much more thrilling, though still in the "family" category. Expect 6 launches, a backwards portion, and a freefall track

OG Runner

Sorry, but there really won't be a comparison. You are looking at the difference between a kiddie coaster and an immersive themed thrill coaster.

Bairstow

Sorry, but there really won't be a comparison. You are looking at the difference between a kiddie coaster and an immersive themed thrill coaster.
I think Glados has the right idea- both will probably be regarded as family coasters. The closest analogue for what most of the Potter ride experience is going to be like is Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa(also an Intamin Blitz), though I'd expect the Potter ride to be somewhat slower as the anticipated track layout is too compact to allow for that much speed.

MagicJack78

Yeah, the Potter ride will be much more immersive, but I was interested in length, speed of ride and how that will impact the ride time.
I mention this as I feel like the toy story ride takes up a nice plot of land and is probably slower in speed vs. the Potter ride. The Potter ride, doesn't feel as long in track length either but the pictures could be deceiving. After all, that plot of land did hold Dueling Dragons.
With that being said, I really look forward to the potential of this ride. Faster, higher, and longer doesn't always equate to better. I believe Universal is intending to make the story element and theming of this ride the star of the show anyway.

Also, if we learned anything from Potter and Pandora, when a creative third party is there to hold the developers hand to the fire, the result is usually pretty good!

Last edited:

matt9112

Yeah, the Potter ride will be much more immersive, but I was interested in length, speed of ride and how that will impact the ride time.
I mention this as I feel like the toy story ride takes up a nice plot of land and is probably slower in speed vs. the Potter ride. The Potter ride, doesn't feel as long in track length either but the pictures could be deceiving. After all, that plot of land did hold Dueling Dragons.
With that being said, I really look forward to the potential of this ride. Faster, higher, and longer doesn't always equate to better. I believe Universal is intending to make the story element and theming of this ride the star of the show anyway.

Also, if we learned anything from Potter and Pandora, when a creative third party is there to hold the developers hand to the fire, the result is usually pretty good!

than wheres that third ride?
also real show scenese will add to ride time on too of track length.

MagicJack78

than wheres that third ride?
also real show scenese will add to ride time on too of track length.
I'm not sure that is a completely fair statement. Yes, Pandora didn't get a third ride but what it did get is totally awesome and I think most people would agree with that. Imo... Pandora is one of the best things to come to Orlando in quite some time.

Regarding, show scenes adding time to the Potter attraction? I agree. Will be fun to see this attraction when complete.

matt9112

I'm not sure that is a completely fair statement. Yes, Pandora didn't get a third ride but what it did get is totally awesome and I think most people would agree with that. Imo... Pandora is one of the best things to come to Orlando in quite some time.

Regarding, show scenes adding time to the Potter attraction? I agree. Will be fun to see this attraction when complete.

it got one awesome ride and one awesome quick serve. both make the rest of the park feel dated and cant handle capacity.

MagicJack78

it got one awesome ride and one awesome quick serve. both make the rest of the park feel dated and cant handle capacity.
That is your opinion and you are certainly allowed that. I don't think its a fair statement but it is yours. My opinion is that Animal Kingdom is amazing and offers a nice array of variability in regards to rides and shows... Pandora is a fantastic expansion that offers an amazing aesthetic and attractions to the park. I also feel that it is an architectural standout! I believe Pandora to be a very successful expansion and has surpassed expectations.
I'm not saying it's everyones cup of tea and yes it has areas that certainly could use improvement, like additions to address a higher capacity. Feeling like a dated park is certainly not its problem.

I believe Animal Kingdoms future to be bright

JT3000

They're using the entire plot of land available
What made you think there was quite a bit of land left over? If you take a look at the aerial views that have been shown, it looks
like they are using as much space as is available. (and using it well.)

It's been several weeks since I've looked at construction photos, but a large chunk of what was previously Dragons wasn't being built on last I checked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom