New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

SuperStretccch

This sounds amazing! I was a bit salty about the loss of Dragon Challenge at first, because it was a great coaster despite having terrible theming. I didn't think whatever they built would live up to it, but this sounds extremely fun and immersive. I only hope they don't cut back the plans too severely.

Bairstow

So, more or less confirmed as an Intamin Blitz at this point, with many tricks up its sleeve and MAYBE bike seating.

One of the newest details I've read is that the track seems to fork for one of the effects houses and what is likely a freefall drop section. Interesting design decision, because this can either increase cycle time, maximize the time a train spends in an effects area, or both. Hopefully Intamin isn't engineering themselves into an overly complicated and unreliable ride.

sedati

Was really hoping the rumors of Universal dropping big announcements to steal attention from Toy Story Land would happen. Days not over, but doesn't seem likely.

maxairmike

So, more or less confirmed as an Intamin Blitz at this point, with many tricks up its sleeve and MAYBE bike seating.

One of the newest details I've read is that the track seems to fork for one of the effects houses and what is likely a freefall drop section. Interesting design decision, because this can either increase cycle time, maximize the time a train spends in an effects area, or both. Hopefully Intamin isn't engineering themselves into an overly complicated and unreliable ride.

This is Intamin, so of course that's what they're doing. Its what they do best. Hopefully it ends up working well enough in time and actually accomplishes the increase in capacity that it should.

raven

It indeed fork inside the backward-to-forward show building. Not sure if that’s for capacity related needs or if this feature will be 2 separate show elements of the story which riders will not know which one they will get.

lebeau

Was really hoping the rumors of Universal dropping big announcements to steal attention from Toy Story Land would happen. Days not over, but doesn't seem likely.

That's a silly rumor. Why would Universal time anything to the opening of Toy Story Land? It's not like it would have any impact on Disney. If anything, I imagine Universal wants lots of people planning WDW vacations this summer so some of Disney's guests will hop over to their park.

Fans really overestimate the rivalry between the two resorts.

Bairstow

That's a silly rumor. Why would Universal time anything to the opening of Toy Story Land? It's not like it would have any impact on Disney. If anything, I imagine Universal wants lots of people planning WDW vacations this summer so some of Disney's guests will hop over to their park.

Fans really overestimate the rivalry between the two resorts.

4 years ago you would be totally right, but the period of mutualism between the two park systems is drawing to a close.
Universal's resort hotel and waterpark expansion have all been geared at changing the paradigm from their parks being an "add-on" stop to a Disney vacation to being an all-inclusive destination of their own.
Nevertheless, Universal is too far from opening the PotterBlitz to have any effect on people's possible plans to visit Orlando to do Toy Story, but expect some eyebrow-raising timing as both they and Disney get closer to announcing this and Star Wars/Runaway Railroad.

raven

StarWars Land is still a year and a half away from the official (planned) opening. DHS should be about $150/person to enter by then. o_O

Bairstow

It indeed fork inside the backward-to-forward show building. Not sure if that’s for capacity related needs or if this feature will be 2 separate show elements of the story which riders will not know which one they will get.

Maybe, but the dual drop house looks really cramped, to the point where there's not a whole lot of room for any themeing beyond projectors.

If it were up to me, ALL screen-based ride elements would display multiple effects sequences. They should at least account for time of day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom