New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Disneyhead'71

I have said from day one, that I consider that bit an eyesore. That said, it isn't thematically inconsistent as the canopy section is referred to as the Upload Circuit, and the steel is meant to resemble computer wiring. I am able to forgive it somewhat though because the canopy is so beautiful.
HairyImpeccableIndianhare-small.gif

Stripes

Hope it doesn't turn out like Test Track. The new version doesn't work right and the old version was actually better. It was supposed to be interactive, wasn't it?
Nope! This one is actually being created as if it were a game. Rendering will be happening in real time. It really is next level stuff! Here's a write-up from Nvidia and a raw video of the corresponding presentation:
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/...dia-star-wars-galaxys-edge-millennium-falcon/

GLaDOS

From a theme park perspective, yes they are viewed differently. But as a designer and a heavy follower of the design industry, thematic consistency and immersion are part of the same design principle, with thematic consistency being a pillar of immersion. It's about fully believing and embracing a design or an idea. For example, there are many buildings of the 20th century that went all out creating an elaborate exterior with neoclassical motifs, but walk inside and you couldn't tell it apart from an open-floor office building. They are considered eyesores for good reason. They're the pinnacle of hypocrisy. Getting even deeper into biology this time, the human mind is wired to notice things that don't belong, no matter how much is right. It's a characteristic of our nature that saves our lives regularly. In a theme park, the degree of immersion is how well it tells the story, and thematic consistency is therefore a vital part of immersion. Similar to virtually every theme park attraction, Big Thunder's story is fictional and fantasy. Tumbleweed, USA has never been a real place. Therefore, the ride isn't attempting to recreate the American Southwest during the 1800s, but instead realize the idealistic vision of the wild west. Back to the Potter coaster, just like all other themed coasters, the context of the ride is to tell a story, and skimping on thematic consistency damages its ability achieve its primary objective. For all the reasons above, I feel theming some bits and not others will only draw attention to the bare bits, and consequently their flaws.

Lol dude it’s a theme park. Lighten up and enjoy yourself

Tom Morrow

In this sense, Hulk is an even more thematically correct coaster, because it knows what it is, and doesn't pretend to be anything else.
Hulk is kind of a grey area between metaphorical and literal coaster theming. It's called "The Incredible Hulk Coaster", but it does have a thematic story - you are entering the lab of Dr. Bruce Banner General Thaddeus Ross and participate in a gamma radiation experiment to become a Hulk. The ride experience metaphorically represents the sensation of Hulk raging out, similar to how on Manta at SeaWorld you are flying "like a Manta" but you aren't actually a Manta.

OG Runner

Troll.
Think you used to have "Mike" in your username.

I honestly did not see DoubleJ21's comments as trolling. A bit uninformed, as he is making comments on The Potter Coaster, about
open or un-themed areas before the coaster is finished. My understanding is that the open areas will have vegetation, to keep with the
Forbidden Forest theming. Like I said, I don't think he was trolling, he just doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. :D

JoeCamel

I honestly did not see DoubleJ21's comments as trolling. A bit uninformed, as he is making comments on The Potter Coaster, about
open or un-themed areas before the coaster is finished. My understanding is that the open areas will have vegetation, to keep with the
Forbidden Forest theming. Like I said, I don't think he was trolling, he just doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. :D
It is not the Forbidden Forest.

lazyboy97o

Hogwarts Castle Grounds
The Forbidden Forrest is so-named because students of Hogwarts are forbidden from entering. It is part of the Hogwarts Grounds. The Groundkeeper’s Hut is on the edge of the Forrest. Magical creatures such as centaurs, acromantula (giant spiders), unicorns and a Ford Anglia live in the Forrest. This is the Forbidden Forrest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom