New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Rich Brownn

It's very similar but it seems the controlled spinning can be applied to a much more thrilling track layout, instead of the just flat Gringotts track. (Yes, I know there's the dip in the beginning, but the spinning isn't at all utilized in that segment.)

The ride system also leads me to believe this will be much more than an updated RnRC.
Gringotts is an incredibly complex system. Besides the drop, the track separates in 2 other places to combine with a motion base under the tracks. Coupled with the controlled turning, synching the show scenes, and launches, it is a Frankenstein of a ride.

Professortango1

Gringotts is an incredibly complex system. Besides the drop, the track separates in 2 other places to combine with a motion base under the tracks. Coupled with the controlled turning, synching the show scenes, and launches, it is a Frankenstein of a ride.

Yeah, I remembered after the first few rides, being amazed looking to the side of the car and watching this ride work.

Stripes

Premium Member
No argument there, but I believe the GOTG ride system is more advanced.

Stripes

Premium Member
I'm not asking anyone to believe me. Feel free not to :)

After a little digging, I also discovered that the author of the recent article, Alicia Stella, had this to say on May 1 on the Inside Universal forum:
Nothing adds up to motorbike design. I truly believe that's a wish and not a fact on anyone's part that's reporting it.

Anyway, this is getting a little too argumentative for me. I'm gonna take a break from this thread for while. I'm sure y'all won't have any qualms about that. ;)

Last edited:

Princess Leia

I would say that coaster thrill rankings are something like:

1. Very small kiddie coasters
2. Family coasters such as Hippogrif and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train
3. Moderate thrill family coasters such as Space Mountain and Cobra's Curse
4. Thrill coasters such as Expedition Everest, Cheetah Hunt, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Verbolten above.
5. "Extreme" coasters such as the big B&Ms and Intamins like Hulk, Manta, Maverick at Cedar Point. Stuff that pulls consistent strong physical forces and a lot of maneuvers.

I'm guessing the new Potter coaster will be somewhere in the 3-4 range. Which is fine.

I'm sure it will be more immersive. I was referring to the design of the coaster and ride system and the fact that it has a drop track section, which is rumored.
Based on the blog post, I'm guessing it will be more of a 4.

Which, btw, seeing as you put RnR with Everest, do they compare similarly? Because I chickened out of RnR, but really liked Everest.

OG Runner

Which, btw, seeing as you put RnR with Everest, do they compare similarly? Because I chickened out of RnR, but really liked Everest.

I cannot do the "outdoor" coasters, (such as Hulk), but I love RnR. You can do it. Everest is a much different kind of an experience.
It is fast and tall and actually goes backwards. RnR is a faster start and inversions, but I think it is a little tamer than Everest.

OG Runner

I would be very impressed! But consider me skeptical of the motorbike bit. I think that'd be rather dangerous with a drop track involved.

If they can find a way around that, then by all means, I would be very excited!

Okay, I have it. Use the ride vehicle fashioned after Hagrid's motorcycle and sidecar. (I thought this was rumored)
When you get to the point in the ride that has been mentioned, might be where the ride could go backwards,
what if the "vehicle" just swiveled around and headed back down hill? I would imagine, either way, a large AA
of Aragog the spider would be a reason to stop and leave, either backward or forward.

Tom Morrow

They are close. After the initial takeoff and first 10-15 seconds which are intense, RnR is pretty tame and very slow. I think Everest is more thrilling because it maintains speed and strong forces the entire time after the broken track scene.

JoeCamel

Okay, I have it. Use the ride vehicle fashioned after Hagrid's motorcycle and sidecar. (I thought this was rumored)
When you get to the point in the ride that has been mentioned, might be where the ride could go backwards,
what if the "vehicle" just swiveled around and headed back down hill? I would imagine, either way, a large AA
of Aragog the spider would be a reason to stop and leave, either backward or forward.
No big spider. It is in FJ

Princess Leia

Fluffy is the only quasi-confirmed creature. I believe a Hagrid AA is showing us another creature in one of the buildings. Blast-Ended Skrewts could be a...um...blast. We see a wild Ford Anglia. Some Devil's Snare. And a few other surprises.
As the skrewts were something seen in the books and not films, is there a chance that we could see more book-only content on this ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom