News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Creathir

Buses won’t be limited to start. Disney is going to keep buses to Skyliner areas as is but will watch it and determine things after they have some data.
That’s actually really good news. One of the sources of much disagreement was this very topic.

Good to see they are taking a wait and see approach.

cosmicgirl

BlogMickey got the pictures Click and Co were hosting a couple days ago of the evac testing at the IG. Since it's out there, it's time to share:
reedy-creek-disney-skyliner-evacuation-2.jpg

reedy-creek-disney-skyliner-evacuation-3.jpg

reedy-creek-disney-skyliner-evacuation-4-1.jpg

https://blogmickey.com/2019/07/behind-the-scenes-disney-skyliner-evacuation-testing-posted-online/
That looks fun! :D

MickeyMinnieMom

Buses won’t be limited to start. Disney is going to keep buses to Skyliner areas as is but will watch it and determine things after they have some data.
Imagine that... and some on boards swore up and down there would be no buses -- period. I'm not surprised at all that they'd wait and see.

rowrbazzle

How long is that expected to last? I'd always heard one of purposes of the Skyliner was to be more efficient than and a replacement for buses from those resorts to HS and Epcot.

Minthorne

I am crashing the end of friends trip 9/27 -9/29 at BLT (yippee I get the couch!). Now I'm glad I have a late flight out on the 29th. I'll be checking out the Skyliner and looking for @Lift Blog!

pdude81

Wow, another swing and miss from clickbait... If he were a baseball player, with his batting average lately, he wouldn't just be sent down to the minors, he'd be released.
Isn't @Rteetz essentially saying something similar though... that they are planning to have people on the other two lines before SWGE opens? There can be a difference between the grand opening of a store and when people start shopping

jrhwdw

Wow, another swing and miss from clickbait... If he were a baseball player, with his batting average lately, he wouldn't just be sent down to the minors, he'd be released.
IDK, Some people, even on here are still saying POP/CBR/DHS is still possible for SWGE. We may have to wait until Labor Day to see what what's running and not running.

Maybe Disney doesn't want to/can't announce 2 opening dates? So they just went with Epcot's date????
I know Disney announced a number of dates regarding SWGE and ROTR, but still......

Last edited:

pdude81

Clickbait changed their tune after DPB posted the official opening date. The original article was Skyliner opening August.
I read the article before the DPB post and it said that workers were told the other two lines would open by 8/28, but not the Epcot line. I know people like to slam TC around here, but it's not clear that anything he reported on that story was wrong.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
IDK, Some people, even on here are still saying POP/CBR/DHS is still possible for SWGE. We may have to wait until Labor Day to see what what's running and not running.

Maybe Disney doesn't want to/can't announce 2 opening dates? So they just went with Epcot's date????
I know Disney announced a number of dates regarding SWGE and ROTR, but still......

It makes sense not to announce two dates, it would be confusing for the average guest that isn't following this project closely.

cosmicgirl

To be honest I was not expecting Disney to announce an official opening date. I thought it would just be closed one day and open the next, with guests in the affected resorts getting flyers in their rooms or something similar. Or the morning bus routes would drop them off at the Skyliner station.

Maybe they announced this because they were getting too many questions after the article was published and wanted to avoid 2,5 more months of getting bombarded with "when will it open?". I still think they'll do a soft opening of some sort but at least it isn't all up in the air anymore.

MickeyMinnieMom

Just because they are going to keep buses for now doesn't mean that was the original plan.
Sure -- but the tone of a lot of posts was that it would be crazy to keep buses. That always struck me as a ridiculous position. Some will have issues taking gondolas that most would not have taking a boat or monorail. Not to mention the lightning downtime this thing will see if insiders are right that they'll follow the same guidelines as for outdoor coasters.

peter11435

Sure -- but the tone of a lot of posts was that it would be crazy to keep buses. That always struck me as a ridiculous position. Some will have issues taking gondolas that most would not have taking a boat or monorail. Not to mention the lightning downtime this thing will see if insiders are right that they'll follow the same guidelines as for outdoor coasters.
It’s crazy because they would never have approved the expense of constructing and operating the skyliner if it didn’t include the removal of bus service and associated expenses on those routes.

Last edited:

MickeyMinnieMom

It’s crazy because they would never have approved the expense of constructing and operating the skyliner if it didn’t include the removal of bus service and sccociated expenses on those routes.
Disagree. Drastic decrease is different than removal, and I think is a viable possibility. Again -- they will be shutting this thing down for weather routinely if insiders are right. In any case, not worth debating. We'll see soon enough where it all lands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom