News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Surferboy567

I have a question that I haven’t seen addressed anywhere so we know the times are 5-15 minutes max on the skyliner...but how long does it take to go between HWS and Epcot (and vice versa) any thoughts? Also what is the hourly capacity on this thing? I’m thinking it’s extremely high with probably minimal to no waits since it’s continuous.

JaxFLBear

I have a question that I haven’t seen addressed anywhere so we know the times are 5-15 minutes max on the skyliner...but how long does it take to go between HWS and Epcot (and vice versa) any thoughts?
Around 20 - 21 minutes travel time plus a transfer of lines at CBR.
DHS to CBR is approx. 5 to 6 minutes
CBR to IG is approx. 15 minutes.

CBR to AoA/Pop is also 5 to 6 minutes.

Surferboy567

Around 20 - 21 minutes travel time plus a transfer of lines at CBR.
DHS to CBR is approx. 5 to 6 minutes
CBR to IG is approx. 15 minutes.

CBR to AoA/Pop is also 5 to 6 minutes.

In that case, I guess walking is faster since, I’m always at the Swan and Dolphin. I’ll take the skyliner when I get lazy (which admittedly is a lot). Another thing, it’s kinda weird that their isn’t a direct line between Epcot and HWS. At least it’s faster then the boat, that takes forever

Markiewong

One transfer at Caribbean Beach.

There are essentially three lines:
Art/Pop <> Caribbean Beach = 5 /6 min
Caribbean Beach <> Riviera <> Epcot = 15 min
Caribbean Beach <> Hollywood Studios = 5/6 min

So going from HS to EP is 6 + 15 minutes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have a question that I haven’t seen addressed anywhere so we know the times are 5-15 minutes max on the skyliner...but how long does it take to go between HWS and Epcot (and vice versa) any thoughts? Also what is the hourly capacity on this thing? I’m thinking it’s extremely high with probably minimal to no waits since it’s continuous.

We have seen capacity numbers as high as 5000 people per hour per leg in each direction, but the actual number will probably be between 3000 and 4000.

iowamomof4

He just said on his livestream that they were also running gondolas on the Epcot line today! Said he'd go check it out when he was done at DHS, but he saw them on the line on his way to the park today.

jrhwdw

He just said on his livestream that they were also running gondolas on the Epcot line today! Said he'd go check it out when he was done at DHS, but he saw them on the line on his way to the park today.
Yes I heard that! He didn't say if the Epcot line was uncovered though.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So we can finally get people to accept that more than 22 gondolas will have character designs on them??? :)

And good lord man... no this is not 'history' or something to tell your grandkids about... It's vinyl wraps using existing character designs.

Did these people lose their @%#$ when the monorail wraps started too? Or bus designs?

DisneyOutsider

So we can finally get people to accept that more than 22 gondolas will have character designs on them??? :)

And good lord man... no this is not 'history' or something to tell your grandkids about... It's vinyl wraps using existing character designs.

Did these people lose their @%#$ when the monorail wraps started too? Or bus designs?

We lose our @%#$ about everything, the good and the bad. We are habitual @%#$-losers

michmousefan

I think it's more of a case that these designs are fun, with the characters looking out and down at the other cabins or the people on the ground... there's a sense of creativity to this design, as opposed to a generic colored gondola. And interesting that so far the only Marvel design features Guardians.

nickys

Premium Member
In that case, I guess walking is faster since, I’m always at the Swan and Dolphin. I’ll take the skyliner when I get lazy (which admittedly is a lot). Another thing, it’s kinda weird that their isn’t a direct line between Epcot and HWS. At least it’s faster then the boat, that takes forever

The gondolas were designed as transport between 3 of the largest resorts on property to two parks. Not as park to park transport.

Surferboy567

I think it's more of a case that these designs are fun, with the characters looking out and down at the other cabins or the people on the ground... there's a sense of creativity to this design, as opposed to a generic colored gondola. And interesting that so far the only Marvel design features Guardians.

Isn’t their only one Star Wars gondola as well. Chewy, Droids, w Porgs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom