News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

note2001

A nice report on Disney's history with their first gondolas just released by a woman called The Abandoned Carousel.
I'm working my way through it (she has interesting info, but is a bit hard to listen to - just give me the transcript)

Last edited:

iowamomof4

There were a group of permits filed today for roofing work on the group of buildings at CBR that the Skyliner passes over. Not sure if there is a connection.

If they have to rework the roofs for Skyliner evacuation, that could take forever! Not to mention, they would have to close buildings in Jamaica and Aruba while that type of construction is ongoing, I'm sure.

Goofyernmost

This isn't really new, but it's a nice relatively short video of the accidentally uncovered character wrapped gondola:

Why is everyone saying Accidentally uncovered Gondola. Wasn't that running like that more then one day. If they wanted it covered they would have covered before it made a second run on the line.

NormC

Why is everyone saying Accidentally uncovered Gondola. Wasn't that running like that more then one day. If they wanted it covered they would have covered before it made a second run on the line.
It is not simply a tarp that can be put back on. It is basically shipping protection that is form fitting and once it is removed it is trash.

Last edited:

matchandahalf

Hi all. I'm looking for assistance on where the Caribbean Beach gondola station is actually located. We have only 2 days to spend in Disney, and want to request the "land" and building closest to the station when we book Caribbean Beach for next summer, to maximize our time in HS and Epcot. We don't care if the room has a bad view or is far from the CB amenities, as we will just be sleeping there. I apologize if this question has already been the subject of discussion, but this thread has 938 pages, so I would not know where to begin to find the relevant posts. Many thanks!

iowamomof4

Hi all. I'm looking for assistance on where the Caribbean Beach gondola station is actually located. We have only 2 days to spend in Disney, and want to request the "land" and building closest to the station when we book Caribbean Beach for next summer, to maximize our time in HS and Epcot. We don't care if the room has a bad view or is far from the CB amenities, as we will just be sleeping there. I apologize if this question has already been the subject of discussion, but this thread has 938 pages, so I would not know where to begin to find the relevant posts. Many thanks!

Jamaica will be what you want.

Lensman

Jamaica will be what you want.
And specifically the 4100 series rooms are the closest, right?

matchandahalf

So grateful for your help, iowamomof4, and Lensmans. I spent a couple of hours this morning reading various sites that were posting updates on the work, and they were conflicting re: whether Jamaica or Aruba was the closest. I gather that CBR is as huge property and the transportation within it is not very quick, so I was concerned about requesting the right area for us. Thanks again for helping me get our trip off on the right foot. :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So grateful for your help, iowamomof4, and Lensmans. I spent a couple of hours this morning reading various sites that were posting updates on the work, and they were conflicting re: whether Jamaica or Aruba was the closest. I gather that CBR is as huge property and the transportation within it is not very quick, so I was concerned about requesting the right area for us. Thanks again for helping me get our trip off on the right foot. :)

Blue circle is where the station is.

Lensman

Interesting. There is another station (the Riviera station) just to the north of Aruba, where the new Riviera Resort is going up. However, I think everyone probably puts in as a second choice to the real CBR station because you'd have to make a short connection at the CBR station going to DHS, even though Epcot would be closer.

In my mind, it's also a second choice for some because it's unclear what the situation will be for EMD loading at the Riviera station.

I think the following map that @MisterPenguin posted earlier in this thread will give you a good feel for the overall Skyliner system:

mm121

They could re cover it, but really no reason to since it coming off created some nice buzz online.

Goofyernmost

They could re cover it, but really no reason to since it coming off created some nice buzz online.
Recover it or take it off the line, they always had that option. If they didn't take it down, they didn't care if it was up. Why would they? We all know that they existed didn't we. I did and just from reading this stuff. There is no better advertisement then word of mouth and creating a desire to leave them wanting more.

Phil12

Obviously it wasn't accidental. They have a dual WiFi thermometer in that gondola to measure the outside temperature and the toasty inside temperature.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom