News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Photo update as of Thursday, March 1, 2018. View of the four installed gondola towers from Caribbean Beach Resort's road bridge at Sea Breeze Drive. The fourth tower, circled in red, is partially hidden by trees. The two cranes on the left are near the Pop Century gondola station at Hour Glass lake. The Caribbean Beach Resort station is just to the right of this photo. As shown in this photo, the gondolas will be just above the tree tops along this section.

View attachment 267523

This view is the pathway the gondola will take from Caribbean Beach Resort towards Hollywood Studios. The photo was taken from Victory Way looking west. Besides removing all trees and undergrowth, a gravel path appears under the gondola pathway, with new sod placed on either side.

View attachment 267533
I’m always happy to find your posts.
Your frequent photos and detailed descriptions are very helpful. Thank you.

ryguy

Photo update as of Thursday, March 1, 2018. View of the four installed gondola towers from Caribbean Beach Resort's road bridge at Sea Breeze Drive. The fourth tower, circled in red, is partially hidden by trees. The two cranes on the left are near the Pop Century gondola station at Hour Glass lake. The Caribbean Beach Resort station is just to the right of this photo. As shown in this photo, the gondolas will be just above the tree tops along this section.

View attachment 267523

This view is the pathway the gondola will take from Caribbean Beach Resort towards Hollywood Studios. The photo was taken from Victory Way looking west. Besides removing all trees and undergrowth, a gravel path appears under the gondola pathway, with new sod placed on either side.

View attachment 267533
Your photo updates are always great!! Thanks for taking the time to show us the progress going on at the World. :)

mm121

View attachment 267523

View attachment 267533

skyway over a gravel path, oh so beautiful!!

though i know why, just too bad they couldnt just grass the area with reinforcement for emergency vehicles since the pathway wont be used much.

Biff215

I’m also concerned about the effect the gondolas will have on IG, but not because of the “class” of guests coming through. As a BCV regular, we just enjoy the quiet entrance. The only thing in Disney that compares is the Rainforest Cafe entrance at AK. I don’t expect Disney to be concerned about this, I just hope it doesn’t change our feelings toward our favorite resort.

cosmicgirl

Apologies if I've missed it, but have we seen these before? I'm not sure what the grid-like areas west of the building are, but it sure helps to match the building's footprint with the helicopter view of the site. We had previously assumed that the area to the west was for cabin storage and maintenance, but it does not appear to have a roof.

concept1.pngconcept2.pngconcept3.png

These are screenshots from a construction update video posted by Theme Park Ohana:

winstongator

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but i'm predicting the Cresent Lake Resort area is going to be insanely busy for a very long time after Star Wars land opens, It's just the way it is, It's the closest resort area to DHS and within walking or a short boat ride from the park.
What time are people lining up for Pandora? What time will they be lining up for SWGE? Shoot, I got pretty close to the front of the line for Jedi training. There are going to be a lot of walkers.

Creathir

That is correct. Main cabin storage will be to the west and it will not have a roof.
This is wild in my opinion.

Hurricanes DO come thru the area, and most damage at the surface is done by crap in the air...

I’m shocked they don’t plan on having enclosed storage for the vehicles themselves...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom