• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner

Kamikaze

Does anyone have a ballpark on when this project might be completed.
Thank you
Around the time Riviera Resort opens, so 2019.

Reason being I can't see them opening the station with construction still going on around it, and they also won't open Riviera without the station. So they will either open at the same time, or the outdoor construction at Riviera will be finished and the station will open, but the rest of Riviera isn't quite done.

I'd imagine they want both projects done for SW:GE.

Last edited:

dvitali

The cabin seats 8.

Cabins depart every 12 seconds.

Out of the station, cabins travel 4m/s (9 mph)

Throughput is rated 2,200 people/hour.

Distance POP to CBR: 900 meters = 225 s = 3.75 min

Distance DHS to CBR: 1,140 meters = 285 s = 4.75 min

Distance CBR to Riviera: 680 meters = 170 s = 2.83 min

Distance Riviera to IG: 1,778 meters = 444 s = 7.40 min
Thank for the information, Just trying to sell myself on why I would use the gondola over a bus, when I consider that AOA/ POP/ CBR is to be one shortest trip to DHS/ EPCOT on Disney property (even faster if they cut thru the woods to the new parking lots in the future).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank for the information, Just trying to sell myself on why I would use the gondola over a bus, when I consider that AOA/ POP/ CBR is to be one shortest trip to DHS/ EPCOT on Disney property (even faster if they cut thru the woods to the new parking lots in the future).
We have heard that bus won't be an option once the gondolas are running.

Maeryk

We have heard that bus won't be an option once the gondolas are running.
Disney is belts and suspenders on transpo whenever possible. I cannot believe there won't at least be limited bus service. At least for people afraid of heights.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney is belts and suspenders on transpo whenever possible. I cannot believe there won't at least be limited bus service. At least for people afraid of heights.
Just repeating what sources have said. Part of the value of the gondolas to Disney is the savings on buses. Even limited bus transportation would still have to run quite a bit to be useful.

Daveeeeed

There are at least 18 Disney owned hotels. Not to mention that number explodes when you include villas and associated hotels. Plus even for many people (like myself) with a fear of heights, modern gondolas like the Disney Skyliner are very smooth and feel far more secure than most would imagine. Not to mention it has been proven time and time again to be an effective and safe mode of transportation.

Maeryk

There are at least 18 Disney owned hotels. Not to mention that number explodes when you include villas and associated hotels. Plus even for many people (like myself) with a fear of heights, modern gondolas like the Disney Skyliner are very smooth and feel far more secure than most would imagine. Not to mention it has been proven time and time again to be an effective and safe mode of transportation.
Not arguing any of those points. But we can assume, like the monorail and boats, it's going to shut down in bad weather.

Top Bottom