News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Doug Means

Good lord do some of you people have any concept of statistics? It's like the people who won't get on a plane but have no problem driving to work, when the you're quite literally a thousand times safer on the plane.

You're at least a hundred times safer on that gondola than you are on a Disney bus traversing public WDW roads.
82% of all stats are made up, 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't Happy.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Rediculusly long complex names are "in" at Disney right now I an thinking something along the lines of:

"The Walt Disney World Resort Gondola Skyway People Mover"

Kamikaze

Are they really coming up with a name for the system? I thought we just called the transportation system what it is like Disney's monorail or ferry boats. Disney's gondola.

Well, the boats have names. And the monorail is officially the Walt Disney World Monorail System.

G00fyDad

Well, the boats have names. And the monorail is officially the Walt Disney World Monorail System.

I see your point, but... the individual boats have names yes. The ferry system as a whole is not really named. To make a fair comparison you would have to name each gondola pod. And Walt Disney World Monorail System is pretty generic. You could say Walt Disney World Monorail System, Walt Disney World Ferry System, and Walt Disney World Gondola System.

BEARSHOUSE4

The accident report for that one is an interesting read. Cause was found to be "ice-jacking," where the tower filled with water, froze and cracked in spectacular fashion while the gondola was operating. Thankfully, no one died. Now every lift tower is required to have a hole drilled near the bottom for water to escape. Even in Florida!
Thanks for that. I was curious but not enough to research it. Seems so obvious a problem, amazing.

Cesar R M

82% of all stats are made up, 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't Happy.
abrahamlincolnquotes.jpg

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Don't these same people ride the monorail?
Some do. Some don't. The fear is illogical in the first place. I have found that expecting people to apply illogical fears logically is illogical. One of my partners will ride the elevated portion of the Chicago L system, and the street level portion, but not the underground portion. Even though she's in the same train in the same seat either way. I just smile and nod.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom