News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Cmdr_Crimson

When your waiting for a Muppet or Electric Mayhem gondola to finally show up on the skyliner...
7dwpb5.png

JohnD

Hispanic and Latin American Heritage Month celebration begins Sept. 15

Disney Skyliner will decorate gondolas with the Familia Madrigal from “Encanto” and Walt Disney World transportation will be adorning buses with characters from “Coco.”
Might as well keep them year round. They're Disney IPs and most probably wouldn't get the connection anyway.

Thumper 32

Hispanic and Latin American Heritage Month celebration begins Sept. 15

Disney Skyliner will decorate gondolas with the Familia Madrigal from “Encanto” and Walt Disney World transportation will be adorning buses with characters from “Coco.”
I’ll believe it when I see it. I think the odds are just as high that the clueless communications team confused the existing Encanto bus and existing Coco skyliner car when writing that blog post.

DisneyFanatic12

Great something else to block the view and add more marketing....
Yea, they do obstruct any pictures that you try to take, but they haven’t seemed to obstruct the view for me. My camera can’t focus on what’s behind the “mesh”, but the wrap doesn’t affect my ability to see the view from the gondola…

fgmnt

some are worse than others...I would rather have unobstructed glass...the decals add nothing to the experience or the look of the skyliner cabins. Let them just be clean and modern-looking... The graphics are completely unnecessary.
Wraps that obstruct public transit vehicle windows, especially on buses, dampens the experience of the user to make the vehicle marginally more interesting to look at for people not using it. Not a fan of them anywhere.

LSLS

some are worse than others...I would rather have unobstructed glass...the decals add nothing to the experience or the look of the skyliner cabins. Let them just be clean and modern-looking... The graphics are completely unnecessary.

Unnecessary, but kids like them. You can always hear kids (mine included) going "Oh I hope we get Stich" or "Oh I hope we get the Haunted Mansion one." I just don't care either way. It's just a way to travel for me, if the view is slightly darker or it's brighter just isn't that big a concern for me personally.

Bocabear

When I was a kid we were just excited to be at Disney and going on the monorail...and looking out and being amazed...we didn't need cartoon characters to make the monorail look cool...or to keep our interest.
Sure kids like cartoons and characters... but putting them on everything seems unnecessary to me. The Skyliner cars are cool all on their own... and the tradeoff for a character vs a view (to me) is not worth it. I think these transportation systems are interesting even to kids, all on their own...and kids would appreciate them even if the characters were not there...it would be "I want the blue car!" instead of I want the Cinderella car....

Ayla

Unnecessary, but kids like them. You can always hear kids (mine included) going "Oh I hope we get Stich" or "Oh I hope we get the Haunted Mansion one." I just don't care either way. It's just a way to travel for me, if the view is slightly darker or it's brighter just isn't that big a concern for me personally.
I always say "oh, I hope we get a clear one."

Kamikaze

I really don't understand the obsession with turning transportation into an attraction in the Disney fandom. Its such a unique thing to Disney.

No one waits for the better subway train or a bus without the windows covered by an advertisement in the real world. They don't turn down an Uber because it has tinted windows and you can't see out as well.

Use it to get from A to B and stop worrying about the 'to'.

John park hopper

The gondolas will be turned into giant piñata filled with guests and candy. In honor of hispanic month. For the nominal up-charge of $99 99 Bob give you a long stick and you can beat the gondolas for candy and guest treat. Bob's motto never let an opportunity to make money go to waste.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I really don't understand the obsession with turning transportation into an attraction in the Disney fandom. Its such a unique thing to Disney.
Not really

You can see strobe animations on some tunnel train lines…

You have art designs lkke the neon over the moving sidewalks at ohare…

All kinds of examples of making something that may otherwise be a bear or boring and trying to make it a bit more joyful

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom