News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Victor Kelly

I still say the issue is with the Riviera station and its lack of a HC spur.

I still suspect that this was rushed and the specs for this system were substandard to save money.

TrainsOfDisney

Took skyliner from pop, no mention of Epcot line being down, there may have been a sign but it wasn’t obvious. At carribean beach the bus that said it would take us to boardwalk took us the long way around to Epcot which also meant crazy crowds.

No clear signage near the Gateway either.

Good news... I saw the Jammitors because of entering the main entrance so that was good.

Incomudro

Not sure what your point is.

When people are riding transportation, they are expecting to get somewhere in a timely manner.
Transportation that stops unscheduled and for prolonged periods of time can make people late.
In the case of Disney, that could be late for fast pass rides, dinner reservations, getting back to one's room, etc.
People are going to complain about that.
And getting stuck on a gondolla that literally leave you hanging is something that people are going to complain about.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Right ... Riviera is on the Epcot line. The problem could be at Riviera, but it also could be anywhere between CBR & IG.
I hope you are right and the issues have nothing to do with Riviera Station. If that is the case it should be a much easier fix, (I’m surprised it isn’t done already if they know what’s wrong). Changing Riviera Station now would be an extended project that they would only start after exhausting all possible operational work arounds. My gut says we may be in the work around phase right now, but you may be right and it may have nothing to do with Riviera. Either way they need to do something, Riviera is a pretty large DVC resort with millions of points to still sell :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:

VaderTron

Breaking news... Skyliner Epcot closed for (what I’m aware of) 2nd time today. Mechanic guy at the Epcot station was on his 2-way saying “I don’t know what it is I’ll run upstairs and take a look.” This after he was pushing gondolas at the station like Sisyphus trying to push the boulder uphill.

This mess on top of Hondo being under a tarp at Smugglers Run and Kylo Ren frozen like a statue on Rise of the Resistance. Terrible show this weekend.

If Disney is going to push these things as game changers so hard, is it too much to ask they actually work the first few months of their existence?

Update: on the boat to Studios from Epcot and they just announced the whole Skyway system is down and to use a boat or bus.

good times!!!!
Anyone at a Skyliner hotel in the next few weeks considering moving to a different hotel? I know I would.

WallyWorld

If you came all the way to Florida, spent all the money, got in line at Studios at 6:00 and then waited about 7 hours to go on ROTR because you got a crappy boarding group, don’t you think there’s something more important to expect from the experience than hoping I don’t notice Kylo Ren is shaking like he’s having A seizure???

I experience many attractions/general experiences while others bemoan "the missing _________" and calling it bad show. If you go so many times....and complain about specific details, and that can ruin it for you.....good for you. Some are pleased to enjoy the rest...and are content beyond seeing most.....just because of the wait/ infrequency of ability to get more opportunities.

surfsupdon

I loved using the Skyliner in November. I hope things get fixed soon.

I’m actually very aggravated and mad my Marathon Weekend is at AKL. I’m renting DVC points so I cannot change. I’d much prefer Pop for transport and pool. Wild, right?!

Victor Kelly

We have gone beyond how neat this is and gone to what the heck is going on.

I will still state bad planning and under specifications are the cause now. We are seeing cascade failures happening.

Underpowered motors getting too hot an tripping breakers?

Systems getting failure commands from a computer that is malfunctioning? Windows 10 maybe😏🤪😛. Switch to Linux.😁😁😁

A phone to take care of reservations is a misdirection aimed at tourists and does not fix the obviously inherent problens with the system.

A bus or even monorail is easier to evacuate. They are concentrated in one place. The Skyliner has people in the air over distance. A monorail can be pushed, pulled or evacuated by cherry picker. A bus you walk out of.

DISNEY: Come on guys and girls. You can and have done way better. You can fix this and the other abhorrent show issues. Pay the money up front and you won't have to spend more later to fix things. You charge for everything and make record profits. Get off your butts and do it right from the start. HEAR THAT CHAPEK AND IGER? Need somebody to step in and help get it done? Give me the job. I'll do it for the mid 5 figures and a bonus package. I'll send you a resume and a recomendation if you want one.

Somebody needs to get pins made that says the I survived the WDW Skyliner. I wanna buy one or five.

WallyWorld

No, I don't think so. Look at the news and it will confirm just how stupid people are and how much exaggerating is done. Besides I said tend too, not all humans are stupid. There is me and a couple of others that don't leave their brains home when on vacation. That last sentence was exaggeration, see the difference?.

why did you have to go back and edit your post?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom