News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Lilofan

They're not actually as close to the water as they look. Look at the screen cap below. The bottom of the cabin looks to be above the water by about 2 cabin heights. The interior height of the cabins is 7.28 feet, so the cabin is 15' or more above the water. That happens to be the minimum height range that was quoted in an Orlando Sentinel article.
View attachment 414539
Look closely down at the water from time to time you will see Freddy or Roscoe down below 🐊🐊🐊

joelkfla

Now that dedication is done, is the system in Soft Openings until Sunday, or are there more Cast Previews?
Went down there today in hopes of finding one, but both the DHS & IG stations had security posted at the entrance. The lines were running intermittently, but were stopped more than running. Looked like they might have been trying to work some things out.

Surfin' Tuna

To this who have ridden, are the stations as loud as they sound in the videos?
CBR seemed to be rather noisy in hindsight, but it's also the busiest and the one where people spend the most time. I didn't notice it to be particularly noisy even at Epcot where we spent the most time in line after park close.

jmuboy

What’s up with the hard surface under the line ( like between Caribbean beach and DHS parking )

Will they be planted over with grass?

Rob562

CBR seemed to be rather noisy in hindsight, but it's also the busiest and the one where people spend the most time. I didn't notice it to be particularly noisy even at Epcot where we spent the most time in line after park close.

CBR is also where the motors for all three cables are located. It's bound to be louder than the others.

-Rob

Surfin' Tuna

I'm sure this was asked but, how bad do you think it will be at International Gateway just as Epcot closes once the fireworks are done?
There was a photo posted earlier of the post fireworks line. We were in it that night around 9:30, and it stretched out to the walkway. It moved quickly, and it wasn't bad at all. It moved fast enough that I didn't bother looking at my watch, but I would guess it took about 10-15 minutes for us to move through and load. It is leaps and bounds faster than exiting at the front, waiting for, and riding a bus. While the system is new, I bet we see a lot more people riding it at close as a way to get in "one more attraction" at the end of the night, and that will artificially lengthen the lines.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
What’s up with the hard surface under the line ( like between Caribbean beach and DHS parking )

Will they be planted over with grass?

It's actually not a hard surface, it's gravel over a plastic stabilizing grid material. Allows water to go through, can be drive on for emergencies and maintenance, and doesn't have maintenance costs like grass would. Not saying I like it, but I see why they did it this way.

cosmicgirl

Once more I'm not up to date on the thead, so apologies if this is old news.
I visited AoA yesterday and spoke to the Skyliner cast there. They will start operation tomorrow at 5:45am and they will run until approximately 2.5 hours after the parks close.
There wasn't much movement yesterday and I was eager to get to Epcot so that's all I know.
The merch was out at AoA, as well as in the IG shop. The MBs (LE and LR) were available in multiple locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom