News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

tonymu

Premium Member
They are definitly not anchored into the ground. In the Blog Mickey photos you can see that they are siting on pieces of plywood.
They really look like temporary scaffolds. If you look in the background there are more set back there. I wonder if they plan to "cover" the entrance and exit road under the rope path so they can pull cable without having to stop traffic.

Giraffiki

They really look like temporary scaffolds. If you look in the background there are more set back there. I wonder if they plan to "cover" the entrance and exit road under the rope path so they can pull cable without having to stop traffic.

That actually sounds plausible. There will be traffic there before the cable installation is completed

Rteetz

These scaffolding type structures are all over the place near the Skyliner. It likely has to do with the cable install.

10D830CF-1ABA-45E7-AA7B-374F58363C67.jpeg
FD116AD4-6337-45F2-A791-9F6DCB638E4E.jpeg

Lord Pheonix

i could be wrong here, but im sure that the cable CANNOT touch the ground, as that would introduce dirt and small granuals into the cable, which act as sandpaper and can destroy the cable. tradesman who rely on ropes will tell you they hate getting their ropes dirty or muddy for this reason. sinced there will be a ton of slack as the cables are ran over each tower, there needs to be something that keeps the cables from dragging on the ground while in between towers. only after the cable is joined together in a single loop can it be tentioned so i strongly suspect thats what these things are for. think like grandmas clothsline sticks from back when we were kids to keep the lines high.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
i could be wrong here, but im sure that the cable CANNOT touch the ground, as that would introduce dirt and small granuals into the cable, which act as sandpaper and can destroy the cable. tradesman who rely on ropes will tell you they hate getting their ropes dirty or muddy for this reason. sinced there will be a ton of slack as the cables are ran over each tower, there needs to be something that keeps the cables from dragging on the ground while in between towers. only after the cable is joined together in a single loop can it be tentioned so i strongly suspect thats what these things are for. think like grandmas clothsline sticks from back when we were kids to keep the lines high.
This video, included once again, is instructive in that regard. Look up and down hill from the splice job...

jt04

No, no, no, I thought it was so that the POTC themed cabins could be disconnected and become more immersive (or submersive, if you will) by actually taking you to Davy Jones' locker

Please message Imagineering. I think this could be turned into an attraction. 🐙

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom