News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The site that shall not be named is reporting that IG entrance to Epcot is going to be closed for a few weeks in Nov/Dec. Any truth to that? I can imagine a lot of annoyed guests at the Epcot hotels. I had heard previously that the boats will be down during that time, but this is the first I've heard that IG itself would be closed... I know I'd be upset.. I'm staying at the Beach Club in Feb, and the *main* reason I booked there was because of the IG entrance to Epcot.. If it closes during my trip, I won't be a happy camper, and I'm sure many others going in December feel the same way.

The was addressed here by Martin. The IG will not be closed to foot traffic, but the Friendship boats will not run to Epcot.

Grimley1968

I don't know about the timing but I expect we are going to see lots of seemingly random closures all along the system route once they start stringing the ropes. They aren't going to want a guest anywhere near any of that process until the ropes are in an anchored state. And since they will not be able to do that all at night (worker safety), area closures may indeed be necessary once they start that process.

This was my thought. The IG walkway is one place that they would seemingly have to close completely during rope pulling at that location. I hope they wait to pull the IG station's rope for the last. That way, they could get the process as efficient as possible before pulling there, and maybe minimize the amount of time it would be closed to foot traffic.

ABQ

Stitched from that video...

View attachment 320746
That wave is much less intense than I imagined. Maybe only the beginning?
Based on the concept art, and usage of MisterPenguin's edited image here, they may extend the wave tips a bit further from where they are now.

1539635011676-png.320217

mikejs78

Premium Member
I have to hand it to him, he's figured out a way to generate more traffic. He writes an incorrect, clickbait post, and then gets to write an update post with the correct information when Disney writes to him to tell him how he's wrong
If, you know, you care more about clicks than providing accurate information. But I guess that's why he's known as "clickbait".

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If, you know, you care more about clicks than providing accurate information. But I guess that's why he's known as "clickbait".

And he blames Swolphin for "despite what information" is being distributed by them, implying the Swolphin said the IG was closing when, in fact, they only announced no ferry service.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Swan and Dolphin has update the message on their web site:

https://www.swandolphin.com/aboutus/transportation.html

"As Disney Skyliner construction continues near International Gateway at Epcot in the coming months, International Gateway will remain open to Guests traveling along the connected pedestrian walkway.

During construction, Friendship Boat service will remain available to the resort hotels around Crescent Lake as well as Disney's Hollywood Studios. While Friendship Boat service to Epcot is expected to be unavailable from late November until mid-December, Guests will be able to use bus service or the walkway to access Epcot. "

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom