News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Goofyernmost

Both the TTL and Contemporary, in my opinion, give me a sense of (what I imagine to be) colors of the early 70’s - light pastel blue, green, off-white. I never realized there were “colors of the 90’s” until I saw these posts.
It's nothing but a huge pile of bull. Colors are colors, they only have a mild connection with time perhaps of their highest popularity. But, a color isn't of a date and time. Colors are timeless and are used in whatever way individuals see them or want to see them. Fashions are dated, automobiles are dated, theme park rides are dated, but, colors are timeless.

Jordanaous

While I agree that prices for the gondola resorts will go up, I don't think they're going up as much as you suggest. AoA/Pop are still built like Values, no matter what extras you have thrown on.
Agree with this sentiment. You can add all the bells and whistles you like, but to many they won't step foot near the Pop just because the association that it's a 'cheap motel', even if the price doesn't always reflect that...

toolsnspools

Interesting to see how the gondola costs are rolled into the DVC fees. I know I pay a fee for transportation at BLT, and to my knowledge they didn't add transportation when they built the tower. It would take a lawsuit to sort out the exact cost spread across the resorts, so it's easy to bury costs there.

lazyboy97o

It's nothing but a huge pile of bull. Colors are colors, they only have a mild connection with time perhaps of their highest popularity. But, a color isn't of a date and time. Colors are timeless and are used in whatever way individuals see them or want to see them. Fashions are dated, automobiles are dated, theme park rides are dated, but, colors are timeless.
Colors are used in design. Certain colors are more popular at certain times and places.

Goofyernmost

Colors are used in design. Certain colors are more popular at certain times and places.
That's what I said... but, the colors themselves are not out of date. They still exist and are used, however, popular uses have altered. That doesn't for a minute mean that places like WDW cannot creatively use them and set a mood. The colors at TTC are perfectly compatible with the intended mood set. Bring us back to our childhood where colors are always brighter and lighter. I guess we should paint everything black to take in the moods of those that find fault with everything.

Goofyernmost

molecules are timeless...lol Color combinations and their use are all about fashion of the time...So yes colors can be dated in their use and combination...
Is Brown dated? Well depends on how you use it....
Again, same thing that I just said. How it is used at Disney is indeed how it should be used. If one gets tired of seeing it so much perhaps the solution is not to go there as often. Another old saying... "how can you miss it, if you won't go away?"

lazyboy97o

Again, same thing that I just said. How it is used at Disney is indeed how it should be used. If one gets tired of seeing it so much perhaps the solution is not to go there as often. Another old saying... "how can you miss it, if you won't go away?"
The color choices of the Transportation and Ticket Center being dated and contradictory has nothing to do with over familiarity.

TP2000

Because garages are multiple times more expensive per space to build... and take a ton more maintenance. If you have the luxury of space... you use it.

For shade they could easily build canopies and charge for it

Or put solar panels on the shade structures like so many places in the Sunbelt do nowadays.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The color choices of the Transportation and Ticket Center being dated and contradictory has nothing to do with over familiarity.

I tend to agree. I bought a house that had avocado green tile in the bathroom. Welcome to the 60's. The second bath had pink fixtures tub, sink etc. Dated color. Nothing to do with being overly familiar with those rooms, it was those color combinations of yesteryear it was a dated color decor. Fix-Gone.

The Ticket and Transportation Center is just Ugly. We have subway stations that have a more welcoming theming. I feel for 1st time guests that TTC is their very first welcome to WDW. They can do much better with little effort.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
At this point they ought to just tear down the TTC and redo it from scratch. In my opinion it is one of the ugliest and unkept areas in all of WDW Public Space. I know they aren't rushing to do it, partly due to the lack of investment in the monorails, but it does seem pretty low compared to the rest of WDW.

Best I can think to describe the TTC is Glum. At least they pulled the park transfer buses from the MK out of there. That off to the side lot was nasty to transfer to another park. Long ago when I was a little kid it was a cutting edge modern marvel, you parked and hopped a modern monorail in its day or hopped a ferry to the MK. Now not so much, it is a relic for both guests and cast.

It could at minimum get a face lift with welcoming colors, statue photo ops while guest plop down upwards of a thousand dollars for ticket media for a family of four, something to build the excitement and worthy of what you are about to plunk down at those ticket booths at the TTC. How hard would it be to spruce up the dated infrastructure or at least try?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
This looks familiar. :)

upload_2017-7-15_19-14-56.png

upload_2017-2-14_19-9-41-png.189660

DisneyJunkie

Definitely in favor of this, as I love anything that will allow me more of a bird's eye view in WDW, but I will say the planned layout looks a bit confusing. Makes me wonder if they'll have a resort only side and a park only side.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Definitely in favor of this, as I love anything that will allow me more of a bird's eye view in WDW, but I will say the planned layout looks a bit confusing. Makes me wonder if they'll have a resort only side and a park only side.

No, because the purpose is to get people back and forth from the parks to the resorts. There are already other ways to get from Epcot to DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom