News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why are we calling windows "vents"?
Blame the Disney spokesperson:
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Disney Skyliner, the new transportation system coming to Disney World next year, will not have air-conditioning, a Disney spokesperson confirmed Tuesday.
  • Disney Skyliner will not have air conditioning
  • The gondolas will have vents that allow air to flow
  • Skyliner is set to open fall 2019

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Passport to the Parks posted a video showing fencing up around roughly this area at Carribean Beach. There is a also a new sign nearby saying "Pardon out Pixie dust as we enhance this area for Disney's Innovative Transportation System" which leads him to believe this is somehow related to the Skyliner. Personally I think the sign is just a co-incidence but I am still wondering what is being done here.

joelkfla

Currently, the only walkway across the water is on the other side of the road. Guests going to the Skyliner from Trinidad need to either cross the road or go under the bridge and loop around, and then cross the road again in Jamaica.

Adding a walkway on the Trinidad side of the bridge, or building a new bridge there, would mean less Guests crossing the road. Guests coming from Barbados would also be able to cross under the bridge and avoid crossing the road, if they so desired.

Creathir

Passport to the Parks posted a video showing fencing up around roughly this area at Carribean Beach. There is a also a new sign nearby saying "Pardon out Pixie dust as we enhance this area for Disney's Innovative Transportation System" which leads him to believe this is somehow related to the Skyliner. Personally I think the sign is just a co-incidence but I am still wondering what is being done here.

View attachment 384632

I wonder if it’s a bus staging area, in the event the bus station at the Skyliner station is full?

joelkfla

I wonder if it’s a bus staging area, in the event the bus station at the Skyliner station is full?
They wouldn't do that so close to the Guest lodgings, and the available space isn't really large enough. Buses sometimes stage in the outer Jamaica lot, which is away from all buildings, and will be closer to the station.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom