News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

JoeCamel

I'm not one to feel uncomfortable in sharing a cabin with others but I can see why some that are socially awkward may be. We have had people join the two of us on a bench on the Railroad many times and never thought much about it. Also on the safari when there are 2 or 3 of us there is always another 1 or 2 that join our row.

We also enjoy dining at the Biergarten even though diners are 'forced' to sit with other parties. We have sit with some that ignore us (fine), chat with us (fine), or some that view us like lepers that hate us for being there and act like we may try to eat their families (not so fine)....but we still always enjoy going back to the restaurant. I'm sure we may have similar experiences when joining others in a gondola.

I would think for efficiency sake we should be able to share a gondola with others for the short journey without it negatively impacting our day.
Many restaurants and bars near me have evolved to the "large tables" plan a-la Biergarten, with chatting/socializing between parties if not suggested, then at least welcomed. Younger people don't seem to mind it very much; it's the older folks who have to adjust/reset a bit.
Best part: you get to practice your dominance stare while sitting across from a stranger.

Just look directly at their face the entire journey.

Not smiling, just staring...

That’ll show them for riding in the gondola with you.
Most young ones will be staring at a screen so your presence is of no consequence. Most of the older ones as well.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's different.

ABQ

Single rider on test track is about as awkward as it gets. I've been the sole person with a family of 4 many times on that ride.

Goofyernmost

I'm guessing that they will fill them as full as they can while keeping everything moving as quickly as possible. It's a tradeoff that will leave some with a single group and other with a few groups combined where they can. It's the ominmover concept with small compartments. Best to not skip seats but skip seats if it means slowing the whole line up.
I think you misunderstand what I’m saying. I foresee periods of the day where there wouldn’t be a line or enough people to warrant filling to the max. They will likely in the morning and evening rushes.
I think the misunderstanding is that they didn't read through and know that they take the same amount of time and do not stop completely no matter if someone is in the Gondola or not. It runs at the same speed. If special help is required... Wheel Chair or scooter there is a separate loading area where the units can stop and join the line after it has occupants. It goes at full speed on the outside in the open and slows down to a crawl on the regular loading platform and to a stop at the special loading areas.

doctornick

I'd be utterly shocked if they did not combined parties during peak usage times. That would be counter how Disney always operates with transportation and would defeat the point of developing the system if they aren't going to fully utilize it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If you're a party of two and it's peak time, you're sharing. Period. That's the way of theme parks and public transportation. If one doesn't want that, then you don't go on the Wizarding World Train, or Kali raft, or monorail.

Just like we tell people who can't imagine riding in the Skyliner because there's no A/C or because it's too high and they're afraid of heights that they have options, namely...
  • don't stay at a Skyliner resort,
  • use your own vehicle,
  • or do bus transfers.
The same with sharing a cabin. You have the same options. The whole system isn't going to change because of personal preferences.

Sharing is happening. If you don't like it and you want to say so, go ahead. If you've already done so, stop repeating yourself please. If you think you can argue WDW against doing it, then you need to be writing to WDW and not arguing for pages worth here.

Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom