New FLE expansion pictures 11/9/11

Scuttle

Original Poster
New FLE construction pictures 11/9/11

Here are some pretty good pictures of the entire FLE from different angles taken today. This confirms that the Mine Train has definitely started it's foundation work (If there were still any doubts). Click the picture when it pops up for a bigger version. Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC00413.jpg
    DSC00413.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC00414.jpg
    DSC00414.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 510
  • DSC00415.jpg
    DSC00415.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 501
  • DSC00416.jpg
    DSC00416.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 491
  • DSC00417.jpg
    DSC00417.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 559
  • DSC00418.jpg
    DSC00418.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 470
  • DSC00420.jpg
    DSC00420.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 484
  • DSC00426.jpg
    DSC00426.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 494
  • DSC00429.jpg
    DSC00429.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC00430.jpg
    DSC00430.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC00432.jpg
    DSC00432.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 483

SyracuseOrange

Thanks. I gained more from this than the chat with Chris Beatty. THIS is the kind of stuff Disney needs to post if it wants to have the conversation take place on its own channels instead of on fan sites.

OldBlueEyes

Just wondering: Are the first pics taken from a hight point or have you just hold your camera high (over the wall)?
Fantastic pics!!:sohappy:

Scuttle

Original Poster
Fantastic pics! A lot more progress has been made on Mine Train foundations than I thought!

I know! I was shocked when I looked at the pictures. I'm glad to see the mine train starting construction before the end of the year.

djkidkaz

In the 8th picture there is a TON of activity by Belles' Cottage. And in the last photo doesn't it look like they are painting the bridge brown by Erics Castle or is that something else Im seeing?

Also, Scuttle, weren't you taking some aerial pics recently? Did I miss them?

Scuttle

Original Poster
In the 8th picture there is a TON of activity by Belles' Cottage. And in the last photo doesn't it look like they are painting the bridge brown by Erics Castle or is that something else Im seeing?

Also, Scuttle, weren't you taking some aerial pics recently? Did I miss them?

Ya I was. We tried to go on Sunday, but weather was so bad we didn't even get off the ground. Monday we tried again, but the clouds were at 600agl to the southwest, so we flew to Leesburg instead and screwed around out there. I WILL have some aerials soon, probably within a week or two. I just hope I don't go up for aerials the same day Keating does. Lol.

wdw_nerd

Great pics, thanks!!

These are the first pics I've seen that don't make everything looks so squashed together. Some of the pics I have seen leave me thinking "wow, how are they going to fit THAT in THERE?". These ones make me visually see the possibilities.

Do you think they're going to have to butcher the trees behind Beast's castle and Eric's abode? At the moment they seem to seriously impact on the forced perspective. Or is this purely because the current photos are taken from elevated positions?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Do you think they're going to have to butcher the trees behind Beast's castle and Eric's abode? At the moment they seem to seriously impact on the forced perspective. Or is this purely because the current photos are taken from elevated positions?

My wife and I keep talking about those as well. I'm under the impression that once the foreground area is covered in trees, and you are down at ground level, it won't be a problem. But at the moment, with everything being open, it is a problem.

Scuttle

Original Poster

Well the WDW railroad runs right behind that treeline, so who knows what they will do.

ob1thx1138

I believe once everything is in place (castle walls, mine ride, and landscaping) that those trees will not be an issue. remember in these pics you are looking out across the entire area from pretty far back, I don't think you will be able to see the little mermaid area from the current location of dumbo once all is said and done.

djkidkaz

Funny you said that because that is what I keep thinking every time I see new photos. It is what is screwing up the perspective of the castle being high up in the mountains. It'll be interesting to see what they do or if its as Steve said, that once the regular trees are in place you won't really notice it??:shrug:

Ktcupcake11

I'm going in a few weeks and can't wait to see the progress in person. I was in the Magic Kingdom over the summer, but wasn't in Fantasyland until after sundown so it was difficult to see. Can someone remind me of the timeline for the opening of FLE? (or a link to the thread) I remember reading it on here, but I forgot.

WDWFREAK53

Am I the only one that thinks the forced perspective on the Beast's castle isn't working?

They do forced perspective awesome...but I think this, because it's such an extreme forced perspective, doesn't really look right. It looks like there's just a rock wall...and a tiny castle on top of it. (Granted, it may change once all of the scaffolding is down and everything is painted).

I dunno, just doesn't look right IMO.

jmick71

Am I the only one that thinks the forced perspective on the Beast's castle isn't working?

They do forced perspective awesome...but I think this, because it's such an extreme forced perspective, doesn't really look right. It looks like there's just a rock wall...and a tiny castle on top of it. (Granted, it may change once all of the scaffolding is down and everything is painted).

I dunno, just doesn't look right IMO.

scaffolding KILLS forced perspective!
I thought cars land looked bad when all scaffolding was up and now that most of it is down it looks amazing! and the forced perspective looks great

also the trees in the back kill the perspective, hopefully they give them a trim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom