new fastpass system

djronnieb

Original Poster
Ok so it's not a fastpass system for Disney, but maybe they can give it a try. Here's the story below of what Six Flags is doing.
<!--StartFragment -->
GURNEE, Illinois (AP) -- Why wait in line when you can just eat a cockroach?
That's the question Six Flags Great America is asking thrill seekers during a Halloween-themed FrightFest. The amusement park is daring customers to eat a live Madagascar hissing cockroach in exchange for unlimited line-jumping privileges.
The promotion, which has Lake County Health Department officials shaking their heads, starts October 7.
Anyone who chows down the entire 2- to 3-inch horned cockroach gets a pass for four people to cut to the front of ride lines through October 29.
Park officials insist it's safe to eat the crunchy critters, but health officials are cautioning participants.
Consuming live roaches might increase risks of gastrointestinal illness and allergies, according to Bill Mays, Lake County Health Department's community health director.
Cockroach eaters will have to sign waivers and still pay admission fees, said Six Flags spokesman James Taylor.

Main Street USA

Ok so it's not a fastpass system for Disney, but maybe they can give it a try. Here's the story below of what Six Flags is doing.
<!--StartFragment -->
GURNEE, Illinois (AP) -- Why wait in line when you can just eat a cockroach?
That's the question Six Flags Great America is asking thrill seekers during a Halloween-themed FrightFest. The amusement park is daring customers to eat a live Madagascar hissing cockroach in exchange for unlimited line-jumping privileges.
The promotion, which has Lake County Health Department officials shaking their heads, starts October 7.
Anyone who chows down the entire 2- to 3-inch horned cockroach gets a pass for four people to cut to the front of ride lines through October 29.
Park officials insist it's safe to eat the crunchy critters, but health officials are cautioning participants.
Consuming live roaches might increase risks of gastrointestinal illness and allergies, according to Bill Mays, Lake County Health Department's community health director.
Cockroach eaters will have to sign waivers and still pay admission fees, said Six Flags spokesman James Taylor.
I'll start by saying there's no way that's true. But, if for some reason this particular Six Flags has someone dumb enough in charge, then I'll say this: Only Six Flags would do something like this. I don't know too many people who are going to attend Six Flags Fright Fest because people may, or may not, be eating hissing cockroaches there.

majortom1981

Actually

This is only something for fright fest .After all ity is called fright fest so why not.

Disney is more of a family oriented park and I do not think this would go over well.

hokielutz

I'll start by saying there's no way that's true. But, if for some reason this particular Six Flags has someone dumb enough in charge, then I'll say this: Only Six Flags would do something like this. I don't know too many people who are going to attend Six Flags Fright Fest because people may, or may not, be eating hissing cockroaches there.

Unfortunately it is true.... I live in the DC area... right next to Six Flags chairman Dan Snyder. This mornings drive was buzzing with the news about the new fast pass requirements for their fright nights.

head mouse

It is perfectly safe. Anyone ever hear of a little show called FEAR FACTOR.

If there were ANY hazzard then they wouldn't do it.

BTW. If Disney did somethng like this, I would eat 20 roaches. But for Six Flags, it's not worth drinking a Vanilla milkshake.

majortom1981

hmm

What is with all the Six Flags bashing. When did it become popular to do it?

After all Mark Shapiro did work for disney before Six Flags.

I think people are bashing the company because for some reason it became popular to do si. Disney has flaws too . Especially problems like having over an hour plus wait on pirates because disney did not open the other side up and every other boat was empty that left the station.

I do not understand why everybody bashes this company.

I think this is a great promotion.

Keep in mind it is fright fest and this is keeping with the spirit of halloween.

This is also voluntary, stop the lies saying its a requirement

People bash them so much they even lie to do it. This is not a requirement, its voluntary

IF disney did this people would be praising them.

WDWCP

Since when is James Taylor a spokeperson for Six Flags?

:lookaroun Joke.

I've seen fire and I've seen rain. I've seen sunny skies that I thought would never end. I've seen lonley times when I would now eat a friend. So it's cockroaches until the very end...

Epcot82Guy

Anyone who buys food at a Six Flags' park is bound to bite into a cockroach sooner or later. Why not getting something out of it?

ha ha. nice.

Actually, if you've eaten anywhere, you've munched on bits and pieces of everything from animal skin to insects and worms to spider eggs to (quite possibly) human/animal parts. However, there are many cultures around the globe that eat insects regularly. Let's not fuel the anti-Americans any more by showing our cultural phobias. I'm not saying I personally would enjoy eating them, and it can be gross. But, it is not an unsafe practice. They are not clearing out the previous night's garbage to find this haute cuisine. Six Flags is a corporation with lawyers. They are fully justified (legally anyway) in doing this. Power to 'em!

nibblesandbits

I'm actually going to the Gurnee Six Flags on the 28th of October...I'll let you all know if this is true. I know I wouldn't do it to get the FP. I'll wait in line thank you!

Chape19714

Mark worked for ESPN, which although it is owned by Disney, it functions pretty self-sufficently, as many of Disney's companies do. They get imput from Disney, but they really have no ties to WDW or anything, unless you go all the way to the parent company. Anyone remember Eisner's 5 Cylinder letter to stockholders?

Anyhow, It sounds....Interesting to say the very least....I wouldn't do it though. I'd rather wait, besides, I didn't ever wait too long at Six Flags Georgia.

justducky78

Yes - this story is true. I just read it in my local paper the other day (six flags is 15 min from my house). I'm all for new ideas but this is just gross. :hurl: I don't understand the huge draw of these "fear factor" type spectacles.

WeLComeHomE OKW

I think people are bashing the company because for some reason it became popular to do si. Disney has flaws too . Especially problems like having over an hour plus wait on pirates because disney did not open the other side up and every other boat was empty that left the station.

I do not understand why everybody bashes this company.

I think this is a great promotion.

Keep in mind it is fright fest and this is keeping with the spirit of halloween.

This is also voluntary, stop the lies saying its a requirement

People bash them so much they even lie to do it. This is not a requirement, its voluntary

IF disney did this people would be praising them.

Ummmmm.....:lookaroun .....

Can i just say NO?

If disney did this we would not be praising them. People here love Disney World, so of course they will bash other sub-par theme/amusement parks. And the example you gave for Disney's problem, is not their problem at all. Last time I checked, having an hour wait for an attraction meant the attraction was popular.

Someone here likes Six Flags a BIT too much..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom