New Fastpass "feature"?

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Original Poster
It seems that you no longer have to wait until your current Fastpass becomes valid to get another one. It's only a few minutes before the return time, and it could just be a glitch, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Anyway, check it out:

Attachments

• fastpass.jpg
    fastpass.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 508

Main Street USA

From what I can remember from my last trip, you can get new fast pass approximately 1 hour from the time you recieved your first one. It makes no difference when your first one becomes valid.

Main Street USA

Originally posted by MrNonacho
Wow, it's so obvious once it's pointed out :).

Ha ha! Actually, I'm pretty sure it did used to be that you couldn't get a new one until your first one is valid. Which really messed up having a strategy to use them wisely.

DisneyWonders07

Actually I heard about this a while back. You no longer have to wait a long time to get your next fast pass, just 5 minutes from when your fast pass goes into effect. For instance, if you got a fastpass for Space Mountain from 11:00am to 12:00pm, you can get another fastpass at 11:05am.:)

ToTBellHop

You got your Fastpass at 2:04 pm, and could get a new one at 3:09 pm--1:05 after you get a Fastpass, you can get a new one. Personally, I think Disney World should incorporate a system like you find at Disneyland--all Walt Disney Travel Co. package guests get unlimited Fastpasses, which was a tremendous advantage while I was at the Resort over this past week--and it works to get guests into the hotels: the three Resort Hotels were completely booked the entire week. I know Disney World couldn't have unlimited Fastpasses, b/c there are so many more Resort guests, but they could certainly let guest have two or three at a given time. It sounds like a small change, but trust me--it's fantastic. Even while the parks were packed, I never had to wait in line more than 20 minutes, while riding Screamin' 7x, Soarin' and Indy 5x (Soarin', by the way, had waits of 120 minutes or greater). Sure, it kind of ticks off the AP holders, but getting more guests in the Resort Hotels makes more money for the company...

matt&helen

I have also heard this. I remember not too long ago having to wait an hour, but supposedly you can do it in 5 minutes. I will have it confirmed this weekend.

Becky

Originally posted by T1nker_Bell
you can get another fastpass two hours after you got the last one or an hour after you ride. whichever comes first.

All the fast passes I got this month allowed me to get another one one hour and five minutes after the first one was issued. The ride time for the first fast pass had nothing to do with getting the next fast pass.

Check the issue time and second allowable issue time on the posters fast pass.

ToTBellHop

FEAR EVERY DROP?!?!?!

C'mon, Disney! Get on the ball! Those Fastpasses still say "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Fear Every Drop"!! It has been "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Never the Same Fear Twice" for almost three months already! Change the Fastpasses!

RobVanDam

Originally posted by DogsRule!
You got your Fastpass at 2:04 pm, and could get a new one at 3:09 pm--1:05 after you get a Fastpass, you can get a new one. Personally, I think Disney World should incorporate a system like you find at Disneyland--all Walt Disney Travel Co. package guests get unlimited Fastpasses, which was a tremendous advantage while I was at the Resort over this past week--and it works to get guests into the hotels: the three Resort Hotels were completely booked the entire week. I know Disney World couldn't have unlimited Fastpasses, b/c there are so many more Resort guests, but they could certainly let guest have two or three at a given time. It sounds like a small change, but trust me--it's fantastic. Even while the parks were packed, I never had to wait in line more than 20 minutes, while riding Screamin' 7x, Soarin' and Indy 5x (Soarin', by the way, had waits of 120 minutes or greater). Sure, it kind of ticks off the AP holders, but getting more guests in the Resort Hotels makes more money for the company...

actually if i am corrcect , when i went to disneyland with a package fom the wd travel co. we got 1 free fastpass in the package and not unlimited fastpasses just 1 free..

Maybe Disney should put in a system like Universal. There "express pass" allows you to pick a time. They have 2 times that you can get one. which i thought was good. Me and my sister had to meet someone yester day while we were there during the time we were gonna get out passes so we chose a different time. it was real cool.

AddyL

When I was at the Magic Kingdom (yesterday!) we got a fastpass for Peter Pan. It said we could get another one 2 hours after we got that first one. But over at Epcot, when we got fastpasses for the land, you only had to wait one hour. Clearly, the one hour limit is also in effect at MGM. Why the difference between the parks?

I think it would be really inefficient if you got to pick your time. The fastpass system seems to work pretty well now. If you get to the distribution machines and the time is inconvenient, don't get a fastpass! Get one for something else instead!

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by AddyL
When I was at the Magic Kingdom (yesterday!) we got a fastpass for Peter Pan. It said we could get another one 2 hours after we got that first one. But over at Epcot, when we got fastpasses for the land, you only had to wait one hour. Clearly, the one hour limit is also in effect at MGM. Why the difference between the parks?

I have a feeling that it has more to do with the attraction than the park. Tower of Terror, for instance, has been kind of an odd duck when it comes to Fastpass. It's not unusual to be able to get one there for just 25 minutes in the future, even when there's a standby wait of 30+ minutes. My guess is that rides that have a higher use of Fastpass are restricted to the old "return time/two hours" rule, while those where it isn't used as much are given more flexibility.

Mission: SPACE

As far as the 'unlimited fastpasses' go, it will never happen at WDW, IMHO. There's too many people in the peak seasons.

As far as the wait times once you get a fastpass, the system from the start let you get a fastpass after your current fastpass time began, or two hours after receiving the fastpass. I think they are now implementing a new system cutting it down to one hour, or maybe it will only be at these parks because they are less crowded then at Magic Kingdom.

blm07

How come I always hear about annual passholders being snotty all the time in Disneyland, I've never heard that about annual passholders here.

CTXRover

Originally posted by Mickeyman819
Maybe Disney should put in a system like Universal. There "express pass" allows you to pick a time. They have 2 times that you can get one. which i thought was good. Me and my sister had to meet someone yester day while we were there during the time we were gonna get out passes so we chose a different time. it was real cool.

At first I thought choosing a time was pretty neat. However, I immediately saw first hand the problem with it. It's too confusing for some people, especially those unfamiliar with English.

As I waited in line to get a pass for the Hulk, the people trying to get passes at all three working machines were having problems and the poor employee couldn't handle all the questions being yelled at him. They weren't understanding they had to touch the screens or what to push on the screens, or the fact that there are two rides at one machine, etc. Of course, maybe I was just behind some very unlucky people, but at Disney it seems pretty much "idiot-proof" (I'm sure there are problems there too, however.)

At Disney, you slide your ticket in (any way you want now) and the time comes out (or a ticket that tells you when you can get another one). Much easier in my opinion and easy is necessary when you have so many people from so many different areas of the world trying to use these things.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by RobVanDam
actually if i am corrcect , when i went to disneyland with a package fom the wd travel co. we got 1 free fastpass in the package and not unlimited fastpasses just 1 free..
They recently changed it. Packages get you unlimited fastpasses now.

skipperg

How about doing away with FastPass!!

Take it easy now. But I have been going to WDW for over 14 years and I remember when there wasn't any FASTPass. Sure there were some long lines, BUT,,,,, there were rides that didn't have long lines that now do because of FASTPass. People use to work there way around the park now it seems everyone is running into one another because they have to use their FASTPass. I never seen the long lines in Fantasyland like you do now with FASTPass.

And the crowd at the Magic Kingdom for FASTPass for Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. Must be the same engineer that designed the Exit for Fantasmic.

As for more perks for Resort Guests, AP's or anyone. FORGET IT!!!!! I always liked the fact that everyone was on equal ground at WDW. It didn't matter if you were a guest at the Grand Floridian or staying at the Motel 6 everyone was equal!!!

By the way I am and have been an Annual Pass Holder and always stay at a Disney Resort.

ToTBellHop

Re: How about doing away with FastPass!!

Originally posted by skipperg
Take it easy now. But I have been going to WDW for over 14 years and I remember when there wasn't any FASTPass. Sure there were some long lines, BUT,,,,, there were rides that didn't have long lines that now do because of FASTPass. People use to work there way around the park now it seems everyone is running into one another because they have to use their FASTPass. I never seen the long lines in Fantasyland like you do now with FASTPass.

And the crowd at the Magic Kingdom for FASTPass for Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. Must be the same engineer that designed the Exit for Fantasmic.

As for more perks for Resort Guests, AP's or anyone. FORGET IT!!!!! I always liked the fact that everyone was on equal ground at WDW. It didn't matter if you were a guest at the Grand Floridian or staying at the Motel 6 everyone was equal!!!

By the way I am and have been an Annual Pass Holder and always stay at a Disney Resort.

Unlimited Fastpasses make money for the company, and benefit Resort guests. As a stockholder, I am for anything that both makes money for the company and benefits many guests. Does it hurt other guests' experiences? Not really--the system works fine at Disneyland. Again, it would need further restrictions at wdw due to how many Resort guests there are, which is why I was thinking about letting Resort guests have two or three Fastpasses at a time. Disney needs to do something if they want guests to pay $300/night for rooms they could get two miles off Disney property for $100/night...you and I may still love staying at Disney Resorts, but Disney needs to keep the Resorts full or near full, like they used to be to justify having so many Resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom