New Fastpass "feature"?

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Or perhaps Disney has just built far too many resorts and is now trying to fill them??

There clearly are too many Resorts for the current economy to support in the current state--that is why I am saying Disney World needs to start working to attract more people to their expensive rooms.

mslangen

Hi,

For your information. At Disneyland Paris Resort you can actually get as much fastpasses as you like, but only one fast pass for a particular attraction at the same time.

For example you get a fastpass at Space Mountain and after you onbtained it, you go straight ahead to Star Tours and you actually get another fastpass.
You can believe it or not, but I have done it in real twoo weeks ago.

Marcel.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by mslangen
Hi,

For your information. At Disneyland Paris Resort you can actually get as much fastpasses as you like, but only one fast pass for a particular attraction at the same time.

For example you get a fastpass at Space Mountain and after you onbtained it, you go straight ahead to Star Tours and you actually get another fastpass.
You can believe it or not, but I have done it in real twoo weeks ago.

Marcel.

I'm glad Paris has seen the light and implemented this system--with the Disneyland Resort and the Disneyland Paris Resort both using this new system in some way, shape, or form, I tend to think it is only time before wdw does the same.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by DogsRule!
There clearly are too many Resorts for the current economy to support in the current state--that is why I am saying Disney World needs to start working to attract more people to their expensive rooms.

I do agree...

I just feel that they could either lower prices ( :lol: ) or offer some real perks to the on-site guests - not just a couple of extra fast-passes.

Bagheera

Part of that problem is: how do you identify resort guests to the Fastpass machines? By the combination room key/park pass? That's OK, but that leaves out everyone else who does not buy park passes in conjunction with their room (annual passholders, people with existing park hopper passes, etc.) There's no way to do it fairly aside from having room keys create fastpasses, and then you run into a whole new problem of exclusion/inclusion. It'll never work. Nice try, though.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by matt&helen
I have also heard this. I remember not too long ago having to wait an hour, but supposedly you can do it in 5 minutes. I will have it confirmed this weekend.
Please post your findings

matt&helen

I do not leave for WDW till Sat. so it will be then till I can prove if you can hold more than 1 fastpass at a time and get one every five minutes. But I do have the evidence on where I heard it from. The quote below is by Kim Wright Wiley. It is from the Spring 2003 Disney Magazine. She is referring to AK, so I don't know if this only works for AK? Page 51 Under the heading of Animal Kingdom Essentials.

"Keep in mind that you can actually hold more than one Fastpass at a time(contrary to popular belief). For example if you have a Fastpass that's usable between 11:30 and 12:30, at 11:35 you can get another Fastpass. This comes in handy if you want to ride a popular attraction like Dinosaur or Kilimanjaro Safaris more than once."

Like I said, I do not know if this refers only to AK?? Can anybody confirm this?? Or if it refers to all of WDW?? Or if they're just testing it at AK?? There could even be the chance that the editor missed it. It also doesn't say how many you can hold.

AddyL

No, that's not a new feature, that's always been the way the fastpass works. Once you enter your return time "window" you can get another fastpass for anything you like. However, now you can also get another fastpass 1 or 2 hours after you got the first one.

You cannot get one every five minutes, because it would be very unlikely for you to get a fastpass at 11:30 that became good at 11:35! Usually, you would get a fastpass at 11:30 and it would become valid at 12:00, 12:30, 1, etc. Half an hour is the shortest interval I ever saw between the time you were issued the fastpass and the time you could use it. So you can get a fastpass between once every half hour, to once every two hours, depending on how popular the attraction is that you got the first fastpass for!

Wow, that sounds really confusing. Hope it made sense!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom