New Fantasyland - Will it be open by January 2013 ?!

Any definition of summer because I'm going in late May?

They usually open attractions during slower times to work out any problems (for example, the refurbed Star Tours or Toy Story Midway Mania, which both opened in May) so I'm hoping that something will happen by mid-May. That would make the most sense, unless they can't get the outside together soon enough. But with one side of the double Dumbo slated to open in Feb and the other speculated to open before Easter, you have to imagine that the outside of these attractions are going to look show ready by late Spring.

I'm going in mid-May for Star Wars weekend and I'm hoping as well. Obviously, I'm just speculating. I'm hoping it's not late summer!

FigmentJedi

It'd be great if I can get on. When I was at Disneyland last May, missed out on both Star Tours and Mermaid, though on the second day of my trip with Mermaid, I only briefly stopped in California Adventure and found out later I had missed out on soft openings earlier in the day. Incredibly frustrating, though hey, caught the first Soundsational performance.

It'd be great if I can get on. When I was at Disneyland last May, missed out on both Star Tours and Mermaid, though on the second day of my trip with Mermaid, I only briefly stopped in California Adventure and found out later I had missed out on soft openings earlier in the day. Incredibly frustrating, though hey, caught the first Soundsational performance.

I did the same thing with TSMM. I so regret that.

vinnya1726

If they open up parts of Storybook Circus in February like planned no reason we can't have the rest this summer with the exception of the mine train. They are ahead of schedule from what I have read in different places.

quirkle

I am trying to decide between Christmas 2012 and Christmas 2013. The 2012 would be to get away from stress and 2013 would be to celebrate my 40th birthday - yikes!!

If we do 2012 will we be able to book beauty and the beast?

cbconglom

I am trying to decide between Christmas 2012 and Christmas 2013. The 2012 would be to get away from stress and 2013 would be to celebrate my 40th birthday - yikes!!

I think Disney is making it easy for us to decide..
Carsland in 2012
and then to the world in 2013

Finn-Whit

Is there likely to be anything open in late February-early March. We could just wait a couple of months for more to be open.. but we didn't get to go in 2011, and I can't stand the wait! :lol:

NewfieFan

Is there likely to be anything open in late February-early March. We could just wait a couple of months for more to be open.. but we didn't get to go in 2011, and I can't stand the wait! :lol:

Parts of Storybook Circus (possibly one spinner of Dumbo, Goofy coaster, and the train station but that's probably it). None of the new FL will be open in Feb./Mar.!

The earliest that some folks are saying is sometime this summer but the official opening according to Disney is not until Fall 2012.

Skibum1970

Dumbo Is Testing

Over on Mousesteps.com, they have pictures of Dumbo testing. Apparently, four Dumbos are mounted on the arms whereas the remaining arms are still empty. One pic even shows a worker riding around while they test. My apologies if this is posted in a different thread.

Gojira ゴジラ

Oh darn, I literally just booked for Dec 1 - Dec 8, 2012. I was really hoping to see the expansion by then. Do you think this will happen? (I can live without the mine train, but really want to see the rest of the expansion). What do you guys think?

Reddog

Oh darn, I literally just booked for Dec 1 - Dec 8, 2012. I was really hoping to see the expansion by then. Do you think this will happen? (I can live without the mine train, but really want to see the rest of the expansion). What do you guys think?

I just booked for Dec 3rd. I'm no expert (I just repeat info I read on the boards) but I'm expecting to see everything but the Mine Train.

Anyone know how long before the "official" opening they do the soft openings? We are planning an early/mid December 2013 trip, and thought we would get to see everything open by then. I hate to push that trip off because Christmas is my favorite time to go. Could we hope for maybe a soft opening by then? Probably not if it is scheduled to open between January and March but I can still hope!! Maybe if work moves along well the opening might be January with soft opening in December??!! We still have plenty of time before we book that trip so I can keep watching!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Anyone know how long before the "official" opening they do the soft openings? We are planning an early/mid December 2013 trip, and thought we would get to see everything open by then. I hate to push that trip off because Christmas is my favorite time to go. Could we hope for maybe a soft opening by then? Probably not if it is scheduled to open between January and March but I can still hope!! Maybe if work moves along well the opening might be January with soft opening in December??!! We still have plenty of time before we book that trip so I can keep watching!

The mine ride is just to far off to make an accurate guesses as to opening/soft opening at this point.

I think yes.

PS: I vote for both trips, by the way.

The mine ride is just to far off to make an accurate guesses as to opening/soft opening at this point.

I have to agree. While I optimistically believe that most of the expansion will be open by summer, my rational side says sometime in early 2013 for the mine train ride. But, I would love to be wrong on that one.

Scuttle

I have to agree. While I optimistically believe that most of the expansion will be open by summer, my rational side says sometime in early 2013 for the mine train ride. But, I would love to be wrong on that one.

I would say that early 2013 is out of the question. I think late 2013 is realistic though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom