New Fanstasy Land - effects not working.

RSD Part Deux

Original Poster
I was there on December 17th:
- Madame Wardrobe was not part of the Belle experience. Before we entered the room, I knew something was up because I couldnt hear her calling us in. When I entered, she had a fitted drapery over her heard. A CM did all the instructions for the play. Before moving into the Belle I asked a CM what was up with her. He said Madame's eye were frozen and would not move. What I found amusing, is that they had a fitted cloth over her heard, like they expected something like this to happen. It really took away from the whole thing.

- On Mermaid, on each of the snakes (dont recall their names), one of their eyes were burnt out.

BigThunderMatt

- On Mermaid, on each of the snakes (dont recall their names), one of their eyes were burnt out.

This is intentional. In the movie Flotsam and Jetsom both have one eye that's brighter than the other and it's the opposite of their counterpart's brighter eye. So one has a bright right eye, one has a bright left eye.

Their mouths, however, are supposed to move. And I've only seen their mouths move once.

MerlinTheGoat

Typical... More broken effects, and on brand new attractions to boot.
Flotsam and Jetsom are reportedly.... difficult....
I had thought at first that when the ride was cloned from CA that they just purposefully used still figures for those two. But they actually are supposed to move? Even in the videos of soft openings they weren't working properly. Were they ever moving in the Florida version of the ride?

The figures don't even look that complex...

DonaldDoleWhip

Fortunately, the Wardrobe was working when I saw Enchanted Tales with Belle on the 19th. But Flotsam and Jetsam didn't work at all (and I went on Mermaid on 3 separate days over the past week). It's sad, since the ride already has more than enough static figures as is.

secondstartotheright

Wardrobe was not in the show when I was there as well. I was disappointed because it was my first time experiencing it and probably last for a while (I don't want to wait 60+ min. for an attraction that mainly appeals to small children). I have never seen Flotsam and Jetsam work.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I was there on December 17th:
- Madame Wardrobe was not part of the Belle experience. Before we entered the room, I knew something was up because I couldnt hear her calling us in. When I entered, she had a fitted drapery over her heard. A CM did all the instructions for the play. Before moving into the Belle I asked a CM what was up with her. He said Madame's eye were frozen and would not move. What I found amusing, is that they had a fitted cloth over her heard, like they expected something like this to happen. It really took away from the whole thing.

So new so sad! One would think the bugs would be worked out in soft opening.

HM GhostHostess

Right on schedule.

Seriously though, you'd be hard-pressed to find any Walt Disney World attraction that has all of its effects working these days, including the new attractions. At least in the past we could have some faith that they would be fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

OKWBamaJim

At least they have spent millions on the new RFID systems. That way, when they do crach, they can slow you down from doing anything. Please Dear GOD, do not let them put those things on the crap-holes! Then it will be more than the kids going potty in the flower beds.

-Bama

Figgy1

Premium Member
Right on schedule.

Seriously though, you'd be hard-pressed to find any Walt Disney World attraction that has all of its effects working these days, including the new attractions. At least in the past we could have some faith that they would be fixed in a reasonable amount of time.
My wish fot the World lots of pixie dust so we can all enjoyeverything most of the time.

ishmael0316

The wardrobe scantily worked in soft openings. I went 7 times and only saw her working once. The CM said she was very temperamental. I imagine its only a matter of time before she is just a full time fixture and not a functioning AA.

Jose

I think that if you have money for the smoke of Ursula's cauldron, u have money for the special effects of Flotsam and Jetsam :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom