News New Experience Center to open in the Odyssey Events Pavilion

Epcot82Guy

From a tech perspective and eye candy, it's cool. For what it's showing - I cringe. The whole beginning gave me hope - saying it's possibilities, etc. But then where is "possibilities" in water? The Play Pavilion is a play city, but then they ditch the city concept in what they discuss. Guardians, it's like they needed Rocket to interrupt to cover up the fact they can't get it to fit (I was hoping for some story line of energy in space etc). And then HarmoniUS - right after losing Illuminations and it's wonderful soundtrack, we're getting HEA v2. I really hope that isn't the actual musical arrangements and they'll try to make it more native sounding, but at this point I feel like they are going in the worst possible direction with what could be at least decent ideas.

This is my exact thought. I may stop by Guest Relations to voice it on my way out.

kevlightyear

The presentation is cool. I counted 30 projectors in the room. The mapping on the model is really well done. It’s a good bonus considering the time frame of building everything. Fairly easy to change things out too (ie when rat opens, or when more details are released about other projects). And I liked seeing the D23 posters too in person too.

EricsBiscuit

This place is pretty awesome.
63F135D0-17BC-4BC2-B945-50D349528ED1.jpeg
3526E384-19EF-4664-98EC-38DEE8BD7BFC.jpeg

Brer Oswald

From a tech perspective and eye candy, it's cool. For what it's showing - I cringe. The whole beginning gave me hope - saying it's possibilities, etc. But then where is "possibilities" in water? The Play Pavilion is a play city, but then they ditch the city concept in what they discuss. Guardians, it's like they needed Rocket to interrupt to cover up the fact they can't get it to fit (I was hoping for some story line of energy in space etc). And then HarmoniUS - right after losing Illuminations and it's wonderful soundtrack, we're getting HEA v2. I really hope that isn't the actual musical arrangements and they'll try to make it more native sounding, but at this point I feel like they are going in the worst possible direction with what could be at least decent ideas.
I hate to be super negative, but absolutely dislike the HEA soundtrack. Like it’s bad enough that I saw it once, said “Cool effects, awful soundtrack” and I have no desire to ever see it again.

It fills me with sorrow and rage that the soundtrack we’re getting tonight is very likely among the best they’ve ever produced, and it’s not even going to stick around for a year. If I here “Go the Distance” and “How Far I’ll go” one more time, I think I’m going to cry (and that’s tears of agony, not happiness).

Dizknee_Phreek

I'm surprised they haven't officially changed the name to IPcot yet. Geez.
And the more I see and hear about HarmoniUS the less I care anything about seeing it. I agree...sounds like we're getting HEA II, which just makes me nauseous. To go from something so inspiring and meaningful to "hey, look at how much culture we put into our cartoons!" is insulting. If that's really the soundtrack, it's hideous.

Brer Oswald

Also, the whole Journey of Water segment is “Cringe on Four Cylinders”. And I’m actually quite looking forward to that attraction.

I hate the whole stereotype they have for the “wise but kooky” elderly woman. They’ve been doing it for 20 years, and I’m over it. It’s actually kind of offensive and not at all amusing.

But hey, the landscaping looks nice! And nearly (I repeat, nearly) everything else seems pretty decent.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I hate to be super negative, but absolutely dislike the HEA soundtrack. Like it’s bad enough that I saw it once, said “Cool effects, awful soundtrack” and I have no desire to ever see it again.

It fills me with sorrow and rage that the soundtrack we’re getting tonight is very likely among the best they’ve ever produced, and it’s not even going to stick around for a year. If I here “Go the Distance” and “How Far I’ll go” one more time, I think I’m going to cry (and that’s tears of agony, not happiness).
Disagree on the HEA soundtrack but agree that we don’t need something similar in a different park. HEA is appropriate for MK but Epcot should be Epcot.

Brer Oswald

Disagree on the HEA soundtrack but agree that we don’t need something similar in a different park. HEA is appropriate for MK but Epcot should be Epcot.
Idk. Disney has 90 years of fantastic music, many of which come from attractions and IP that actually exist in Magic Kingdom, and they chose a bunch of mediocre 90s/2000s songs that are “underrated”. The effects are spectacular, and the actual main theme they made for the show is pretty darn good.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

go the distance is pretty much the best song/sequence in the show. Great song. Great. Not opinion. Fact. :eek:

denyuntilcaught

Reservations from the video aside, I'll say that I'm liking most of what I'm seeing here. They could be taking it much further and more overt with the IP integration (especially with current management) and I can tell they're trying to strike a balance. I'm going to safely say I'm more enthused about this project than, say, the Studios redo or DCA 3.0ish.

FigmentFan82

goes to disney. is upset when hears disney music
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/431/201/40f.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom