New expensive "interactive" merch - Haunted Mansion Ghost Post

glvsav37

I'm sure you will find them on eBay soon enough.

on the guilty pleasure side, I'm interested in seeing how this is supposed to interact with the attraction.

buuuut.....then I remembered that I also downloaded the Disney Applause App and think that i can keep my 2 bills.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
That's one way to ensure you have sufficient product. Apple represents only 13.9% of mobile phones while Android is 82.8%.

Phineas

"If you are brave or foolish enough to help the spirits,"

Oh, so wasting money is now "helping the spirits" is it?

"Subscriptions are limited to the first 999 US residents."

Why not the first 666?? Such a good oportunity wasted...
Not sure if you're serious, but 999 is more fitting as that is the number of happy haunts in the mansion.
If you were commenting on the downright Satanic price of $200 for 3 mystery boxes, then I apologize, and completely agree.

I used to joke that Disney could make anything HM and I'd be seriously tempted. That changed today. As soon as I saw that price tag, I noped right out of there.

Jahona

Interesting idea. It's a bit pricey for a loot crate box but you are paying for exclusivity. I'm sure I could find an iPhone somewhere if I wanted to do the interactive part.

hopemax

How is Pal Mickey doing these days?

Disney is really bad at keeping things working once technology has moved on. At some point we'll have iPhone 8's...and $200 of Haunted Mansion product that is no longer "interactive?" "Previous versions are no longer supported" are six words I'm really beginning to hate as we leave the analog world behind.

jacobzking

I'm sure it'll be pretty obsolete in less time than the Mickey Pal. I think I'm paying $200, more to satisfy my curiosity. I'm not expecting something I'll walk around with an want to use in a regular basis, or for long term. I think just the pure joy of getting surprise, unique HM items in the mail for 3 months, it totally worth it.

Disney is really bad at keeping things working once technology has moved on. At some point we'll have iPhone 8's...and $200 of Haunted Mansion product that is no longer "interactive?" "Previous versions are no longer supported" are six words I'm really beginning to hate as we leave the analog world behind.

Timekeeper

For that price I would rather just go to Ikea and finally get myself that doom buggy edition loveseat.

dfbe4f85f149c1080c749f19e0be735f.jpg

:D

EthanMagicBands

Let's not forgot that Disney Haunted Mansion merchandise is very collectable, and since there are only 999 of these boxes, they could become very collectable with high resale value. It's more than just "have fun with this for a year and forget it". There is some collectability value as well.

I went ahead and bought the subscription as well for that very reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom