New expensive "interactive" merch - Haunted Mansion Ghost Post

ToTBellHop

$200 for 3 packages of who knows what?

Yeah...OK...sign me up.:rolleyes:
3 packages of who-knows-what that will interact with your iPhone (5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus)!!! Plenty of people only interact with their lovers on their iPhones (5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus), so this should be right up their alleys! Imagine your excitement at work when you are in an important meeting and receive a Ghost Host text (Ghext™).

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Looks like Loot Crate, with more interactive gear. $200 for 3 months, $66/month is a little more than your standard monthly crate service, but I guess it all depends on the quality of the merch that you receive and how valuable that is compared to your $200.

On that note though, googling for that showed me a Groupon for Loot Crate, which I might just buy. I wonder if my wife will be upset... :cautious:

Edit: Guess I'll find out. Just got my Groupon.

Lirael

"If you are brave or foolish enough to help the spirits,"

Oh, so wasting money is now "helping the spirits" is it?

"Subscriptions are limited to the first 999 US residents."

Why not the first 666?? Such a good oportunity wasted...

FigmentJedi

3 packages of who-knows-what that will interact with your iPhone (5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus)!!! Plenty of people only interact with their lovers on their iPhones (5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus), so this should be right up their alleys! Imagine your excitement at work when you are in an important meeting and receive a Ghost Host text (Ghext™).
It's more an app that turns your phone into a ghost radio that you operate with a cardboard shell and that bat stanchion figure tuner. And apparently there's a theme park scavenger hunt aspect to the app side of things as well.

ToTBellHop

It's more an app that turns your phone into a ghost radio that you operate with a cardboard shell and that bat stanchion figure tuner. And apparently there's a theme park scavenger hunt aspect to the app side of things as well.
I'd rather get a Ghext™.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
"What is it?
If you are brave or foolish enough to help the spirits, then subscribe to the Ghost Post. Beginning at the end of March 2016, the Ghost Relations Department will send you three “scare packages.” You will receive one box per month, for three months.

Each box is a chapter in an unfolding story that connects you directly to the ghosts of the Haunted Mansion. In the boxes, each item will have certain hidden qualities and secrets for you to discover, and each one will become a prop in your experience – revealing a little bit more of the story.

Subscriptions are limited to the first 999 US residents."

FigmentJedi

Website for the box. Based around the Ghost Relations Department and the whole "Walt built the Mansion as a home for ghosts around the world at Disneyland" thing

ghostrelationsdept.disney.com

Castle Cake Apologist

"If you are brave or foolish enough to help the spirits,"

Oh, so wasting money is now "helping the spirits" is it?

"Subscriptions are limited to the first 999 US residents."

Why not the first 666?? Such a good oportunity wasted...

...Because the Haunted Mansion contains 999 Happy Haunts. That's common knowledge. Not really a wasted opportunity since it relates to the attraction in question.

danv3

Limited to 999 participants...so they're going to generate less than $200,000 in revenue on this project? How does this project make any sense from Disney's POV?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Iphones only (stupid)

$200 bucks. Limited amounts.

https://ghostrelationsdept.disney.com/

Theres a star wars one as well.

*sigh*
With the 999 customer limit, they will more than likely not need to go outside of the iOS platform to fill those. I guess there is no point in creating a second platform version.

From our stats on WDWMAGIC, the Disney community is overwhelmingly iOS based.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom