New expensive "interactive" merch - Haunted Mansion Ghost Post

Timekeeper

Let's not forgot that Disney Haunted Mansion merchandise is very collectable, and since there are only 999 of these boxes, they could become very collectable with high resale value. It's more than just "have fun with this for a year and forget it". There is some collectability value as well.

Are the items somehow "registered" to the user and nontransferable in a manner akin to magicbands? Since it involves technology, that - if that's the case - could impact resale interest.

jacobzking

For that price I would rather just go to Ikea and finally get myself that doom buggy edition loveseat.

dfbe4f85f149c1080c749f19e0be735f.jpg

:D
also a good idea

EthanMagicBands

Are the items somehow "registered" to the user and nontransferable in a manner akin to magicbands? Since it involves technology, that - if that's the case - could impact resale interest.

No one really knows yet, but even so, I think the resell will be high. You're correct, it could impact it slightly, but if the items are unique enough I think it will have minimal impact.

jacobzking

No one really knows yet, but even so, I think the resell will be high. You're correct, it could impact it slightly, but if the items are unique enough I think it will have minimal impact.

I doubt it. Judging by the video on the site, it looks like the items will probably interact with the app through the phone camera, maybe bluetooth. unlikely that it will be anything that is a permanent attachment to a particular phone/device.

No Name

Can't complain about this one bit. Nothing about selling limited merchandise in this way is wrong. It's actually a newish and creative way of selling to fans.

If the price is way to high for the value, may people be upset? Yes. Disney would be stupid not to provide enough stuff to create a good value, because if they go cheap here, they will likely lose 999 of their biggest customers and will have serious trouble selling this type of thing to those people in the future. They really should load up these goodie bags so that positive word spreads and more people are willing to buy future ones.

Also, Disney would be commiting what is almost a crime if they decide to expand the sale. It isn't okay to say "whoa ho ho, these are flying like hot cakes! lets sell 999 more!" No, it doesn't work that way. They already said that you are buying 1 of 999, and the number sold will be a big factor and a big part of the value for a lot of people. So Disney can't sell more of these exact same ones. If they wanted to do it again for The Haunted Mansion, they'd have to make it a "series 2" type of thing where the items recieved are different.

Overall, I like this, not because I'm planning on shelling out $199 for mystery boxes, but because there is certainly a merket for this and it's a good idea. I don't understand the few sighs and good griefs. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Does this negatively affect anyone?

Anyone who is buying one: when you do get it, please share pics of what's inside. Thanks :)

PinnySmart

In true Disney fashion it let me go through the whole check out procedure thinking I was making a purchase and then received a message that it was sold out and to remove it from my cart. Really can't win. The harder I try to support this highly profitable company, the harder they make it.

edit: I know, I know...I just really wanted this and I am being a sore loser

EthanMagicBands

And yet app revenue on iOS is roughly double Android's take.

Based on annual app studies released in April2015.

So true. I'm a mobile app developer for a living. I have apps on Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows, and a website. It's what I do and I make really good money from it and own my own business as my full time job.

I make 75% of my revenue on iOS devices compared to 25% Android. It's been this way for years. From a business perspective, market share does not matter.... REVENUE is what matters.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom