New Everest concept art

tn1999

I think this concept artwork is horrible. anyone agree? it is obviously not artwork that is meant to represent an actual part of the ride. it is advertising artwork. and it is bad advertising artwork.

SirNim

The snow-covered village in the valley below sort of reminds me of the reveal of Christmastown from TNBC.

And the rickety track reminds me of the Cog Railway up to the summit of Mt. Washington in NH... (though, of course, the track in this artwork lacks the middle "toothed" cog track which prevents the train from rolling backward...)

raven

tn1999 said:
I think this concept artwork is horrible. anyone agree? it is obviously not artwork that is meant to represent an actual part of the ride. it is advertising artwork. and it is bad advertising artwork.

Let's look at this again. It is a "concept" artwork. It didn't say that it is an actual part of the ride. Just look at other "concept" artwork for older rides that Disney has done and you will see they look different from the actual attraction. A concept artwork piece to to help guests visualize the story and excitment you may encounter in the attraction. :wave:

raven

SirNim said:
The snow-covered village in the valley below sort of reminds me of the reveal of Christmastown from TNBC.

And the rickety track reminds me of the Cog Railway up to the summit of Mt. Washington in NH... (though, of course, the track in this artwork lacks the middle "toothed" cog track which prevents the train from rolling backward...)

When I look at the picture, I got the feeling that this was the backward portion of the ride. Look at the guests faces. They are looking backwards to see where they are headed. The backwarp portion wouldn't have the extra groved track in the middle. The track was the first thing I noticed as well. :wave:

donaldfan

raven said:
When I look at the picture, I got the feeling that this was the backward portion of the ride. Look at the guests faces. They are looking backwards to see where they are headed. The backwarp portion wouldn't have the extra groved track in the middle. The track was the first thing I noticed as well. :wave:

I agree - I think this is supposed to give you the concept of going backwards from the top of the mountain.

Can't wait until we actually get to ride this attraction. I feel like it's the first real ground-breaking E-ticket since Tower of Terror.

(not that I dislike any of the other recent additions) :lookaroun

Thrawn

Account Suspended
donaldfan said:
I agree - I think this is supposed to give you the concept of going backwards from the top of the mountain.

Can't wait until we actually get to ride this attraction. I feel like it's the first real ground-breaking E-ticket since Tower of Terror.

(not that I dislike any of the other recent additions) :lookaroun

Disagree. Mission: Space was the most groundbreaking attraction in a very long time, Disney or not.

monkeytrouble

Excited!!!!!!!

Wow I can't say that i'm not excited but i'm still wondering.....
Is the drop of EE really 2 times bigger than Splash Mountain?
What do you guys think?
Anyways..I'm thrilled just looking at the construction photo's makes me thrill.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
monkeytrouble said:
Wow I can't say that i'm not excited but i'm still wondering.....
Is the drop of EE really 2 times bigger than Splash Mountain?
What do you guys think?
Anyways..I'm thrilled just looking at the construction photo's makes me thrill.

No, it isn't two times longer than Splash. Splash is a 50 foot drop. EE's main drop is 80 feet.

Teenchy

Maybe I'm reading to much into the concept art but which way would the womans hair be flowing if they were going backwards?. :veryconfu It looks to me like they are still going forward? But maybe scared of the yeti chasing them!

See thats the point of concept art, its got my imagination going already!

As someone said concept art is not an actual display of the ride but artwork that can help the public or even imagineers get a feel for what a ride will be like.

I have a book on Disney Imagineering with 100's of pieces of concept art. Many are beautiful like this but also not actually like the ride turned out.

Looks great though, cant wait to see it without scaffolds in December on my next visit. :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom