NEW! Epcot News and Rumors... GIGANTAMUNDO updates, finally!

KevinPage

General Grizz said:
Peaceful is not measured by the amount of people in the pavilion. Rather, it is measured in the MOOD that draws these people here. In this case, the center of the Land serves as a food area. But the mix of light music, (air conditioning!!), and the peaceful tone of colors (which I do not think are outdated, but I would not mind being replaced... if by something better). . and let's not forget AIR CONDITIONING! The open-ness is further a sign of care and courtesy. A variation of options. It's not a run for the money.

I guess we have different desires then. I NEVER have gone into The Land to "get away from it all" or "relax". It always seems like a production and a half to walk on an upwards slant to get into the dang thing and then all the way down, to attempt a scramble for a table. For that amount of effort I want a good ride worth my time. I can find plenty of other areas to "get away from it all" if needed :D

General Grizz said:
It's places like this where one can relax. Have an ice cream. Have contrast to the hustle and bustle that is the area around Test Track. Likewise, the green area around Land and Living Seas is an ideal break from the noise of Future World East.

Again, whatever the intentions it's never peaceful enough. It's loud and distracting, much more serene outside, even with the blazing Florida sun.

General Grizz said:
Wonders of Life is also a peaceful pavilion.

Again, I guess we just differ. I'm not looking for total serenity, I'm looking for fun things to do and enjoy. If they can have that perfect balance of things to do and see and places to relax, I'm all for it. Currently WoL has nothing of interest to me. If I had to choose all action or all serenity, I choose ALL ACTION.

World Showcase is serene and relaxing to me that I'm not looking for too much "peace" in Future World

General Grizz said:
These ideals can be maintained in a redone pavilion that would bring in the massives once more. It cannot be done in a pavilion that runs each day but is never open to guests.

I'm still not hitting the panic button on this one. Granted I have ZERO sources and just going on my own feelings and emotions. But I would be surprised if the whole pavillon sat dormant and NOTHING happened to it and it wasted away. No other pavillon has that been done to. Either it's been rehabbed or rubbled to create something new.

General Grizz said:
But, seriously here, this isn't an issue of what the guests 'will know' or 'won't know.' It's rather a concern that Disney does not care for what affects a pavilion. If they did, like they would have done in the 1980s, Disney would have rethemed the ride to a showcase of the lands and ecosystems of the world - and perhaps even man's impact.

Good point, this ain't 1980 and Flock of Seagulls isn't around anymore. Life has changed and so has Disney, in good ways and bad.

Do we know what the NEW film will be in a few years? NO, so once again, I'm not hitting the panic button.

General Grizz said:
Thus, from my standpoint, this is more reflective of the "dishonesty" of telling a story. Which means, "Will Disney's next rehabs have just as little care? Just because the guests may not tell that it's a film about California?" Golden Gate Bridge. . . Disneyland. . . hmm. :D

I'm tired of saying this, but WE DO NOT KNOW THE DETAILS OF THE RETHEMING. How do we know that the film will not fit into the message or story they are trying to tell? For all we know they can theme this as a trip to California from your Travel Agent. I dunno. Unless you know that it won't, all this speculation is BS. You might be right in the long run, but I refuse to complain just to say "see I was right all along". I'd rather take the approach of "I held out hope, but it didn't happen".

General Grizz said:
I am still dying to know what the retheming of the Land entails. If it's a decent change, I will have no problems. But I've already posted my reasons for distrusting management (which started with the general failure that was Food Rocks ten years ago and stands to this day at the failures of Journey into Imagination w/Figment and Goofy's Dancing Jamboree)

I understand your concerns and there is noting wrong with that. But to automatically take a NEGATIVE stance on something and ASSUME they will screw it up, when you admittedly don't know all the details, IMNSHO seems improper.

Don't make me create another avatar over this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

askmike1

Soarin' is one of those attractions where there is a lot of changability. In a few years, if Soarin' becomes really popular, (just as they did to ToT) they can change the film. Also, I agree that we don't know what the retheming will be. Don't guess and complain about Disney because you think something will happen. If after they retheme it and you don't like it, then complain. Just hold judgement until we can see it.

-Michael

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom