News New Epcot logo

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
That font is disturbingly bad. There's no reason for the Ws to be below the baseline. The tail of the y does appropriately drop below the baseline, but the bottom of the upper loop misses the base line. Everything that is horizontal is skinnier than the vertical -- except when it isn't. The D is a ridiculous shape that doesn't match the rest of the type. The globe looks more like a web than a globe. The ears are tangent to the globe instead of being slightly behind the 'face' as is usually depicted.
The lettering is centered horizontally around an axis that runs straight through the middle of it. So the W hangs below because it is a larger letter - it is also higher than the top of the lowercase l and d by the same amount.

It's a weird design choice but it appears it was intentional. It's a very 70s (pre-computer design) style choice. I don't find it to be problematic for a 70s era children's facility, and most of my family has shirts with that logo on it, but I certainly do agree that it would be ridiculous today if it were their main logo.

Clamman73

5C9276B1-307E-4471-8687-A8621A3989EB.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom