New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

surfsupdon

Eddie Sotto was right. They don’t even try any more. It’s not supposed to be Marriott. It’s supposed to be a turn of the 20th century Atlantic City Boardwalk themed hotel. But looks like they are making a Marriott as fast as they can.
These new looks are so modern and IKEA based, as many have said, but would look terrific in a modern, contemporary style hotel. If only Disney had one of those that actually was modern and had a clean look. Imagine the Contemporary lobby, Grand Canyon Concourse, and all common areas have a sharp, clean, modern look.

RobWDW1971

And once again we have to ask ourselves, why do they do this?

And the answer is always the same - because they can.

Because the guests don't care, don't demand more, and no matter how terrible the theming, experience, etc. they keep coming and paying even higher prices.

Every dollar a guest spends at the parks and resorts is a resounding endorsement of their decisions.

AMartin7777

It's almost guaranteed that the lobby will be completely dumbed down to the most austere mode they can reach. All of the charm, all of the unique and beautiful references will be removed. That lobby will lose it's soul.

SpectroMagician

As a DVC member with home resort at the Boardwalk I am appalled at just how bad this is. Zero theming, everything is just plain white and super boring. Zero inspiration or care went into this.

I know that Disney is cheap and doesn't want to spend money but even on a budget at least TRY to match the theme. They didn't even attempt theming here.

castlecake2.0

As a DVC member with home resort at the Boardwalk I am appalled at just how bad this is. Zero theming, everything is just plain white and super boring. Zero inspiration or care went into this.

I know that Disney is cheap and doesn't want to spend money but even on a budget at least TRY to match the theme. They didn't even attempt theming here.
Guest.services@disney.com, tell them

AMartin7777

Ok, well, wow. I went back through the thread and also checked out the pics of the new coffee shop and...um... that seating area is such a disgrace. The chairs and pedestal tables are completely out of period. They are contemporary Deco with the chairs late 60's art deco. What??? The walls are bare and the lighting is...Umm... I... yea, ok?

rob_b

This is awful, no self serve coffee... No theme. The downward trend continues. Been a DVC member since 2009, I cringe now when a refurb takes place. My expectations are very rarely exceeded anymore, the concept of Plus+ something has gone the wayside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom