New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'll admit the rooms need updated but the lobby is pretty solid as it is. I just hope it doesn't turn into them removing various bits of theming and painting everything solid colors and calling it "open and airy" while hanging some art on the walls that say BOARDWALK so you know the theme.

Glad ESPN is turning into something useful.
They don’t have a good track record “updating” the old management stuff

dreday3

The dining changes are needed and appreciated.

Apprehensive toward the new lobby, though. Please don’t remove the whimsy. But, at the same time, don’t throw out those evil chairs. Not good enough. Burn them and bury the ashes. Then cover the site with concrete.

I love those chairs. Many pictures with them.

It's weird they said the restaurant is opening in 2023 right? That seems incredibly fast for Disney.

MKeeler

If they take the carousel chandelier down, so help me God ....

Rooms were way over due for a refresh. Question, the ESPN Zone is a HUGE space, and a cake shop is taking its place? Would it even need that whole space?
It’s not just a cake shop, though that is its specialty. It’s an experience, with salads, soups, sandwiches, as well as an afternoon tea. This will be an incredibly popular location once opened.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It’s not just a cake shop, though that is it’s specialty. It’s an experience, with salads, soups, sandwiches, as well as an afternoon tea. This will be a popular location once opened.
Fair enough, just nothing I'm personally excited about, but to each their own 👍

Creathir

The Cake Bake Shop is an existing restaurant with two other locations. Here is the menu from the Broad Ripple location:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
We love staying at the Epcot resorts, so I think (hope) this will be an especially positive addition to those staying in the area. :)

I just like seeing the Crescent Lake area get some love.
Me too, 95% of the time we stay in the Crescent lake area. Anything is better than a vacant ESPN Zone haha.

I am also looking forward to the sandwich shop, would love a solid deli sandwich, hopefully they will offer that.

ToTBellHop

The Cake Bake Shop is an existing restaurant with two other locations. Here is the menu from the Broad Ripple location:
My god that’s expensive.

Expensive for Disney.

What will be replacing Boardwalk Bakery’s $4-5 desserts? $16 slice of cake?

It better transform me into a new man.

Animaniac93-98

It’s not just a cake shop, though that is its specialty. It’s an experience, with salads, soups, sandwiches, as well as an afternoon tea. This will be an incredibly popular location once opened.

IMO this feels like it will be, to some extent, Disney's equivalent to Toothsome at Universal.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
My God, I need sunglasses just to view the menu. There is so much bright white there it makes my retinas burn.

MKeeler

IMO this feels like it will be, to some extent, Disney's equivalent to Toothsome at Universal.
I think that’s a fair comparison, but the demographic skews a little more to the princess and fairies side. The decor in their current locations is Nutcracker and Fairy Garden.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom