New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Skywise

Weird to see ESPN get sidelined like that. Not that I ever liked the place but it seemed to still be doing good business? I wonder if that's a general direction for Disney to "distance" the brands? (Especially with Chapek wanting to get into online gambling)

surfsupdon

Seems like the style of refurb Yacht finished a year or so ago. Completely new rooms, updated lobby and common areas, plus new food, beverage, and retail.

I understand why Disney chose against the idea, but that Resort would be so much more convenient with a hotel entrance on the boardwalk on the restaurant side centrally located. By the Bakery. Even an unthemed emergency exit with MB reader would help!

erstwo

They’ll be fine, inevitably selling out $75 tea times 70 days out…
I’m sure Disney will be fine. My guys - not so much. 😂. I can’t even get them to go to tea with my daughter and I in London!
I need suggestions for other sports bar oriented places in the Boardwalk/ Yacht/ Beach Club area if anyone has them!
They managed when we were there last July and October because it was ‘still closed for COVID/ job market’. If I want them to go with me next time I’ll need some suggestions!

SpaceMountain77

Weird to see ESPN get sidelined like that. Not that I ever liked the place but it seemed to still be doing good business? I wonder if that's a general direction for Disney to "distance" the brands? (Especially with Chapek wanting to get into online gambling)

Maybe a coincidence, but I thought the same thing about ESPN and the desire to move into sports betting. However, from a thematic perspective, there is nothing more on point for an Atlantic City theme then gambling on the BoardWalk.

GimpYancIent

01_Christine_McCarthy.jpg

Seriously, this was the best picture they could publish of her? I'd hate to see all the ones that didn't make the cut.
I must admit the piercing stare (the eye's) can put a chill down your spine.

SpaceMountain77

So you're saying the refresh will turn the boardwalk into Atlantic City? ;)

Three things:

1. Over the years, the inspiration and location of BoardWalk has changed in Disney’s communications and marketing. Presently, Atlantic City is directly referenced on the resort’s page, but it has ranged from a generic “Atlantic seaside boardwalks” to Coney Island.

2. As a New Jersey native and resident, Disney’s BoardWalk has always reminded me of Ocean City, NJ because of its scale. While small by today’s standards, Atlantic City had taller, high rise buildings in the early 1900s.

3. What the resort most needs is a quintessential candy shop and, specifically, a fudge or salt water taffy show kitchen.

castlecake2.0

I’m sure Disney will be fine. My guys - not so much. 😂. I can’t even get them to go to tea with my daughter and I in London!
I need suggestions for other sports bar oriented places in the Boardwalk/ Yacht/ Beach Club area if anyone has them!
They managed when we were there last July and October because it was ‘still closed for COVID/ job market’. If I want them to go with me next time I’ll need some suggestions!
Big River Grille has a sports bar feel they might like.

Sans Souci

I usually stay over in that area. I like that there is a new option for food. I'd try the afternoon tea. I love tiny sandwiches and flutes of champagne. 🍾

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom