New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

TrainsOfDisney

There was a time when prices went down… I’m not sure if it was a Coke sponsorship thing, or what but I remember when coke bottles sold for $2.50 I walked up to an ODV and she said “$2” I said “only $2? The prices went down!?” And she said “I’m as shocked as you are” haha

Of course that was before Iger….

Tha Realest

The timing of the restaurant's opening isn't great when WDW restaurants overall are seeing a decline in bookings.

It also lacks the novelty of Toothsome or a Chef Mickey's or anything about the experience that would make it a must do.
It also seems there’s some possible impediments to their business model. While the area in general gets a lot of foot traffic, is that the sort of clientele that will pay at these prices? And for those knowing what it’ll cost what it will, and want to go anyway, does the Boardwalk parking situation make that too much of a hassle? Can one even park at Boardwalk to walk up to Cake Bake Shop? Pretty sure parking at Boardwalk is strictly enforced, given its proximity to Epcot.

TrojanUSC

There was a time when prices went down… I’m not sure if it was a Coke sponsorship thing, or what but I remember when coke bottles sold for $2.50 I walked up to an ODV and she said “$2” I said “only $2? The prices went down!?” And she said “I’m as shocked as you are” haha

Of course that was before Iger….

So I was around for this trial. Magic Kingdom was running a test (they may have tried it resort wide) to see if they were able to increase sales volume by reducing prices. It proved ineffective and went away after the initial trial.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Nothing in Indiana is worth those prices, and certainly not with a Disney tax on top….
It's a BWI tax. It's a deluxe resort charging rack rate of $1,000 per night. BWI and the Boardwalk isn't for the poors.

Been a long long time since Disney once advertised the boardwalk as a destination for all guests. Seems they're happy with just the deluxe guests using their amenities.

TrojanUSC

It's a BWI tax. It's a deluxe resort charging rack rate of $1,000 per night. BWI and the Boardwalk isn't for the poors.

Been a long long time since Disney once advertised the boardwalk as a destination for all guests. Seems they're happy with just the deluxe guests using their amenities.

Boardwalk has Flying Fish and Trattoria al Forno, neither of which are patronized by a vast majority of BWI guests. However, I think you'll find a lot more people willing to pay $58 for a signature restaurant filet at dinner than $32 for a burger for breakfast/lunch.

TrainsOfDisney

So I was around for this trial. Magic Kingdom was running a test (they may have tried it resort wide) to see if they were able to increase sales volume by reducing prices. It proved ineffective and went away after the initial trial.
Oh interesting- that memory was definitely at the MK so maybe it was only at the MK!

Bocabear

Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake slice is $10.50... Juniors Cheesecake in Manhattan Theater district is $9.25... Cake Bake shop cheesecake slice is $26!?? These prices are really ridiculous....seriously!

JMcMahonEsq

I like the boardwalk area, thought to be honest when we choose to stay in the Epcot area, we normally go Swan and Dolphin as I like the pool, and the restaurants and i think you get the same experience and location for a reduced price (or free if your using Marriot points.)

But that aside, I just don't see the want/infrastructure available to try and focus on the boardwalk being a destination/entertainment venue for all WDW guest. If you're a hotel quest, at a deluxe resort, do you really want your resort area turned into just another entertainment center. If everyone can use the area, why are you paying deluxe prices for it.

Second, what type of destination area do you want the boardwalk to be? Food...shopping...you already have Disney Springs for that purpose. Entertainment? You have that in the parks, and Springs to a degree.

An evening/later night location? Again Disney Springs is already there. I will admit I could see some fun possibilities subjectively to having the dance hall open more, some areas to enjoy drinks, music, ect. and its a fun place you can watch the Epcott fireworks. But I don't know if they would set up for their own success. Getting any significant amount of people into/out of the area at night is going to be problematic. And once again you're turning an area with guests paying deluxe rates to sleep into a nighttime feature location, i am not sure many guests are going to want it.

JMcMahonEsq

Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake slice is $10.50... Juniors Cheesecake in Manhattan Theater district is $9.25... Cake Bake shop cheesecake slice is $26!?? These prices are really ridiculous....seriously!
The prices at their 2 other stores are $16-$18 bucks per slice. I think $26 bucks sounds a bit high for a slice of cake too, but is it at all shocking that they would be pricing a higher at WDW then at their other non destination locations?

Purduevian

I did find a kids menu item more expensive that wasn't prefixed or a buffet...

Capa at the 4 seasons has a Petit Filet Mignon* (4oz) for $24 and Pescado (3oz) for $23

Other than that, I think the $22 salmon sliders take the cake.

ToTBellHop

I did find a kids menu item more expensive that wasn't prefixed or a buffet...

Capa at the 4 seasons has a Petit Filet Mignon* (4oz) for $24 and Pescado (3oz) for $23

Other than that, I think the $22 salmon sliders take the cake.
At these prices, no one takes the cake.
1728312507829.jpeg

Bocabear

The Cheesecake Factory menu prices were for the South Florida Las Olas location....which is not an inexpensive area.... I would think the Manhattan location of Juniors would also be very expensive... I have never seen a $16 slice of cheesecake.... let alone the Cake Bake Shop's $26 slice of cheesecake.....
Could these prices be based on getting a whole mini-cake?

Purduevian

The Cheesecake Factory menu prices were for the South Florida Las Olas location....which is not an inexpensive area.... I would think the Manhattan location of Juniors would also be very expensive... I have never seen a $16 slice of cheesecake.... let alone the Cake Bake Shop's $26 slice of cheesecake.....
Could these prices be based on getting a whole mini-cake?
As much as these prices are absurd, I don't think you can compare Cake Bake Shop with a mass produced chain like cheesecake factory. Gideon's might be the closest thing to compare

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom