NEW Enhancement to Disney's Resort Airline Check-In Service

JPVonDrake

Original Poster
Starting this weekend, Jet Blue will be added to the Airline Check-In Service at Disney owned and operated resorts. All resorts will add this service by Monday 7/25/05.

Disney's Resort Airline Check-In Service allows guest on select airlines to check their baggage and pick up their boarding pass for their departure flight from the lobby of their Disney Resort Hotel. This service is currently only available to guest flying with American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta (including Song,) United Airlines (including Ted) and now Jet Blue!

Enjoy! :sohappy:

DisJosh

That's pretty cool. I always buy my tickets on line and use the little kiosks in front of the airlines desk to get my boarding pass. Is the technology simillar to that? Will they have the kiosks at the resorts? Either way it sounds convenient. :D

*edit* Is the boarding pass thing already part of DME? I didn't know that. :lookaroun

Now all they need to do is get rid of ME (which I feel sketchy about using) and connect a monorail line from WDW to Orlando International. I can dream, right? :lol:

DisneyMissy

This is somewhat off topic but when you receive your package with luggage tags etc. do they give you instructions on what to do when you get to the airport and before you leave the resort for home? Sorry if this sounds stupid but since I have never done this before I have absolutely no clue at all on how any of this works. :)

JPVonDrake

Original Poster
First let me clairify our services by restate the following...

There are two new but very different services that Disney will provide to guests staying at a Disney Resort.

Disney's Magical Express is a free passenger and luggage transfer between the Orlando International Airport and your Disney Resort Hotel. It can be booked round trip or one way and is available to anyone staying at a Disney owned and operated Resort, who is flying into and or out of Orlando International Airport (regardless of airline) with there flight dates matching their resort stay dates. Disney will even claim your luggage for you and deliver it directly to your resort room.

Disney's Resort Airline Check-In Service allows guest on select airlines to check their baggage and pick up their boarding pass for their departure flight from the lobby of their Disney Resort Hotel. This service is currently only available to guest flying with American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta (including Song,) United Airlines (including Ted) and now Jet Blue.

The services complement each other but are completely separate of each other, as guest can use either service or both services.

Any ideas on when Southwest may be included?

Do keep in mind that a third-party company approved by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) operates the Resort Airline Check-In on behalf of the participating airlines, it is not run by Disney. Disney is working with the TSA to add as many of the most popular Airlines as possible. I will be happy to continue to post any new updates to this service as they are anounced.

Will they have the kiosks at the resorts?

No, the desk is operated by real live people.

Now all they need to do is get rid of ME (which I feel sketchy about using)

If you read some of the trip reports, you will see that Disney's Magical Express Service is now running great. The average wait at the Airport until you get on to your motorcoach is less then 15 minutes. The average wait for your luggage is less then 2 hours from your plane's arrival. In most cases your bags make it to your room before you do!

...do they give you instructions on what to do when you get to the airport and before you leave the resort for home?

Yes. About 5-10 days prior to your arrival you will get your Magical Express Travel Documents including your special luggage tags. Included are full instructions on how the service works and what to expect.

Basically, you proceed from your airline's gate to the main terminal building. Once you pass the security checkpoint you will see Disney Cast Members wearing blue blazers and white 3 fingered Mickey Gloves. Simply approach any one of them, and say in a confident voice "I'm going to Disney World!" They will give you directions to the Disney Welcome Center at the Airport where you sign in and show your luggage claim tickets. You then will be assigned to a motor coach for your journey to your Disney Resort hotel.

It is recommended to pack a lighter change of clothes on your carry-on bag as you will not have imediate access to your luggage upon arrival.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

DisneyMissy

Yes, it helps alot. I always love to read your posts! You always have the best information and it really helps in planning my Magical Vacation :)

cj2me

Jet Blue is coming through for me---first> They will be flying out of Newark NJ starting in Oct. and now DME check in..this is great!!! I'm glad I just booked a trip for Oct...

wannabeBelle

JP As always you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info on Jet Blue!!! This works out REALLY great for those of us flying out of Newark where Jet Blue will start service in October!!! Belle

AEfx

YAY! Happy news!

JetBlue rocks. Boston to Orlando roundtrip for $120-$150 normally, mid-week. This just makes it even better.

AEfx

DisJosh

JPVonDrake said:
If you read some of the trip reports, you will see that Disney's Magical Express Service is now running great. The average wait at the Airport until you get on to your motorcoach is less then 15 minutes. The average wait for your luggage is less then 2 hours from your plane's arrival. In most cases your bags make it to your room before you do!

I've read too many negative things about the service. I'm not going to take a chance when I can just grab my own bags and hop on a Mears shuttle, then bring my own bags to my own room(which has worked effectively for me on every single one of my trips). After a day of flying all I want to do when I get to my resort is take a shower and change before going anywhere. So I'll keep my luggage with me thank you. :)

Don't get me wrong. I think the service is a great idea. But I'd rather do it the same old way where I know I'll have my luggage when I need it.

wannabeBelle

DisJosh said:
I've read too many negative things about the service. I'm not going to take a chance when I can just grab my own bags and hop on a Mears shuttle, then bring my own bags to my own room(which has worked effectively for me on every single one of my trips). After a day of flying all I want to do when I get to my resort is take a shower and change before going anywhere. So I'll keep my luggage with me thank you. :)

Don't get me wrong. I think the service is a great idea. But I'd rather do it the same old way where I know I'll have my luggage when I need it.
Hey there DisJosh, I dont think you are aware but Mears shuttles may not even exist and are certainly not allowed on Disney property in any event!!! Mears was allowed on property due to a contract with Disney. That contract has been terminated. The DME busses are driven by Mears drivers etc. but the whole operation is run by Disney. As far as having your luggage with you, not a problem!! Dont tag your bags with the special yellow bar coded tags, go to baggage claim the way you always have, pull your own bags and they will put them on the coach with you for transport to your resort!!! Enjoy the free ride!! Belle

DisJosh

wannabeBelle said:
Hey there DisJosh, I dont think you are aware but Mears shuttles may not even exist and are certainly not allowed on Disney property in any event!!! Mears was allowed on property due to a contract with Disney. That contract has been terminated. The DME busses are driven by Mears drivers etc. but the whole operation is run by Disney. As far as having your luggage with you, not a problem!! Dont tag your bags with the special yellow bar coded tags, go to baggage claim the way you always have, pull your own bags and they will put them on the coach with you for transport to your resort!!! Enjoy the free ride!! Belle

Do you have to have DME booked along with your room? I didn't choose it when I booked my room on line. I have a feeling I'm going to have to make a long phone call to make the changes lol.

Blizz

wannabeBelle said:
Hey there DisJosh, I dont think you are aware but Mears shuttles may not even exist and are certainly not allowed on Disney property in any event!!! Mears was allowed on property due to a contract with Disney. That contract has been terminated. The DME busses are driven by Mears drivers etc. but the whole operation is run by Disney.

Ok, lets clear some things up.

Mears is still welcome on Disney property. I mean heck Mears runs their DME service as well as the service for DCL guests going to/from WDW/DCL. Mears also offers shuttles to WDW on a private charter contract (for groups like bands going for Magic Music Days who need to get to the park with tons of equipment). Mears has just simply decided not to run Motorcoaches to WDW because there would not be enough willing to pay for the same service that is free from this new partnership. Also, for those who dislike the service that Disney and Mears have come up with, you always have the option of a Mears Towncar. To my knowledge there was never any contract between Mears and Disney until the DCL deal that they made. Mears is just the biggest and most reputable transportation company in Orlando. DME is a join venture of both Disney and Mears. Disney runs the booking and logistics and Mears runs the physical transportation end of things. My main point is Disney gladly welcomes any bus load of people coming to spend money in their parks and should people wish to give up the free ride (well you pay for it in the end...) thats their deal. (all i can say is thanks to this new partnership my friends and I are saving a few hundred bucks, so I'll gladly except the wait!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom