News New DVC Resale Restrictions Regarding Riveria and Reflections Resorts

nickys

Premium Member
I think you are right. They don’t want a company set up that buys points and rents them. Some how the current rental brokers are able to exist despite this wording. I’m not sure if that is because DVD hasn’t bothered to go after them yet or if they are within the allowed parameters of the contracts.

A broker doesn’t buy points. The brokers do the vetting of owners and renters. They then match them together, the owner makes the booking and the broker handles the payments.

Minthorne

A broker doesn’t buy points. The brokers do the vetting of owners and renters. They then match them together, the owner makes the booking and the broker handles the payments.
Hence they are a broker, right? 😉 But the broker isn’t the Owner and the contract states the rental occurs "solely through the Club Members own efforts". That is the point I was trying to make. Seems by the contract the broker shouldn’t be allowed - but Disney clearly knows they exist.

JRWJR

Restrictions on resale, rental and village selection along with accelerating maintenance fees will negatively effect point resale value, which should concern us all. It will be interesting to see how the sales go on the new resorts and how the point value holds up after these changes. Combined with a possible recession, we might see an end to the price increase trend over time. It’s comforting to know that you can always sell out at close to your purchase price. Not many time shares provide this benefit. If this does not continue, as it has historically, it certainly will also negatively effect resale point values. More flexible availability would be great, but let’s hope we’re not sorry for what we wish for!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom