New DVC at Grand Floridian...

yekcoh_99

Our "bare minimum" was $10400.00 in Oct 2007 . You can still buy resales at FAR less than the " bare minimum" of $18000.00. Our " extra in dues is $828.00. My park tickets (AP's) are$100.00 pp LESS than regular priced APs. I will still be paying dues every year with a slight(1%) increase. But we have our hotel already paid for for the next 46 years that either myself or kids can use. With deluxe resorts already ave. nearly $300.00per night now in the future you will have YOUR choice of not going, paying $300-400 for values and moderates or staying off-site. All this while I'll be relaxing on my balcony planning for my 2nd trip that year.
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Love this

mp2bill

Bottom line, DVC is for some, and not for others. Those who don't wish to partake in it should quit their belly-aching.

mbalog

another dbc

According to Screamscape:
"New DVC Resort - Rumor - (6/5/10) While I haven’t heard anything more about that rumored new DVC resort project across from the Coronado, other sources have confirmed that Disney is currently attempting to finalize plans to create a DVC add-on to the Grand Floridian. "

iIthink that is great they r building another one they r not a waste and most of the dvc resorts are sold out. We love them

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
The bottom line is not weather DVC are a good deal or not to those that but them. The thing that matters to Disney is can they sell them and make lots of money. In order to sell more DVC, they have to build more DVC. Selling DVC makes money and brings more people to the parks to spend thier money. Disney can build these additional "hotels" with other peoples money and almost guarantee keeping them full for years to come. More money for Disney equals more money to spend on the parks and everyone wins.

yekcoh_99

The entire concept of locking yourself into a proscribed vacation spot for any period of years is high comedy.
Please explain this? I mean with DVC, I understand being locked in through other timeshares but DVC it's my choice of where and when I want to go.

ChrisM

Huh? There are plenty of places DVC members can use their points outside of WDW.

I knew I was going to get pounced on for that line as soon as I decided not to qualify it.

You're still locked into their network and are on the hook year in, year out. Freedom and flexibility trumps an artificial perception of value for me. Your mileage obviously varies.

Maybe Disney will eventually expand their Disney Attraction Club to allow you to use points for Universal Express Pass access, too! Only a nominal fee will apply.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
ChrisM may have something here, but it has not gone far enough with just a fast pass ride. How about a 5th gate that is "time shared" and only DVC members buying into it can go. So you could stay at your DVC using your points and play at the DVC park using your park points. Point chart would be seasonal per person.

ChrisM

WOW, I am a rube. I see it all so clearly now. Thanks ChrisM. Anyone want to buy my useless timeshare? :hammer:

Oh, timeshares certainly have a utility. Mostly for the company selling them, less so for those that purchase them. And there will always be someone that wants to buy a timeshare on the re-sale market when you get to that point.

I'm certain you believe your timeshare is of great utility to you. Ultimately, that's all that counts. Enjoy it and don't worry about what I may or may not think of you.

slappy magoo

I knew I was going to get pounced on for that line as soon as I decided not to qualify it.

You're still locked into their network and are on the hook year in, year out. Freedom and flexibility trumps an artificial perception of value for me. Your mileage obviously varies.

Maybe Disney will eventually expand their Disney Attraction Club to allow you to use points for Universal Express Pass access, too! Only a nominal fee will apply.

In other words, you thought letting your unqualified comment hang there like swamp gas would be low-hanging fruit to bash a DVC owner and/or defender. Gotcha. Don't agree. In fact, I think your logic is quite faulty. Because anything you spend money on, that thing will have limitations. Buying House A doesn't get you access to House B, usually. Owning Car C doesn't automatically give you permission to borrow Car D off the lot. And if you want House B or Car D, you'll have to pay for those, too.

DVC has limitations, to be sure. They were limitations I found acceptable to take more affordable trips at better (by Disney standards, anyway) accommodations.

yekcoh_99

Enjoy it and don't worry about what I may or may not think of you.

Believe you me I'm quite happy with my "timeshare" & not concered one bit of what you "may or may not" think of me.

And a 5th Park would be so cool as long as it was for the cool DVC people ONLY

They were limitations I found acceptable to take more affordable trips at better (by Disney standards, anyway) accommodations

:wave: :sohappy: :lol: :ROFLOL:

DisneyJoe

and are on the hook year in, year out.

To a degree - DVC is definitely more flexible than other timeshares, since with the points system you can bank and borrow points from year to year to the point that you could use 3 years worth of points for a single trip; i.e. I bank last years points, use this years current points, and borrow from next year to take a super trip every 3rd year.

Phonedave

OK, so how did "your milage may vary" which is a very accurate statement all of a sudden transform into being a rube?

Thanks for the insult.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom