New Dumbo logging some big wait times

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Even with its double capacity, Dumbo is packing some big wait times. I took this yesterday, mid afternoon. Seems that Storybook Circus is bringing in a lot of guests.
IMG_7120.jpg

nepalostparks

There seems to be a very wide swing in wait times at Dumbo. This past Saturday evening, it was 20 minutes. At the same time, Pooh was 40 (or above) and Peter Pan was 60. Though it's a small world was listed at 10 and looked like a walk on ;)

menamechris

Yeah, I have strolled through Storybook Circus several times since it opened, and the wait times have been pretty low. I think we are at the height of the summer season though, and I am sure all attractions having huge lines like this. You know the resort is busy when Blizzard Beach closes because its at capacity...

Bolt

I feel this must be an error as I'm not sure if Dumbo, with two operating, can actually hold a 110 queue - sometimes wait times are updated automatically through FLIK cards (the red wait time necklaces) and if someone finds one on the ground and hands it in at the end and it gets scanned, it can mess up a wait time until it autocorrects.

CaptainShortty

It seems like an error for it to be that hight but in the height of the summer season, it wouldn't really surprise me to see a high wait time. It's new which means that it is going to draw people that wouldn't ride it if it weren't plus all of those that would usually.

djlaosc

If true, it probably would have been quicker to leave Magic Kingdom, get on a bus to Animal Kingdom, ride Triceratop Spin, leave Animal Kingdom and get back to Magic Kingdom, than to wait for Dumbo! And you would have been able to have air conditioned seats on the bus and a change of scenery!

Tip Top Club

That wait time is incorrect. It happens sometimes. They have been hovering around 25 minutes since it's opening (I have no figures, just constant observation)

Biff215

I agree that it's probably an error, but I would disagree with Kevin Yee's observation that the interactive queue might be unnecessary. We were there the last week in June and Dumbo consistently had ~30 minute wait times, other than first thing in the morning and late at night when the crowds were elsewhere. Even with the two spinners in operation, it is rarely going to be a walk on. I would expect demand to increase even more once the walls clear and Storybook Circus is fully open.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
I did watch the area for a while, and the clock was changing between 100, 110, and 120 mins. So if it was an error, it was doing it over a period, and was not just a random problem.

slappy magoo

This'll sound evil, but sometimes I think, if the lines are getting long (like over 45 minutes for a ride like Dumbo), they'll post an UNBELIEVABLY long stand-by time to encourage people to try later, then drop it back when the real wait time is more manageable.

disfan99

While waiting in line for Dumbo last December, some darling teen in front of us decided to change the wait time sign from 10 min to 110 min. Maybe he's visiting again? Haha

jt04

I agree that it's probably an error, but I would disagree with Kevin Yee's observation that the interactive queue might be unnecessary. We were there the last week in June and Dumbo consistently had ~30 minute wait times, other than first thing in the morning and late at night when the crowds were elsewhere. Even with the two spinners in operation, it is rarely going to be a walk on. I would expect demand to increase even more once the walls clear and Storybook Circus is fully open.

Oh well, there goes my idea of the tent being converted into some sort of transition between the FLE and a reimagined Tomoroowland. Dang it.

GeneralKnowledge

This'll sound evil, but sometimes I think, if the lines are getting long (like over 45 minutes for a ride like Dumbo), they'll post an UNBELIEVABLY long stand-by time to encourage people to try later, then drop it back when the real wait time is more manageable.

I've always wondered if they did that. I wouldn't even consider it evil, it's a pretty good idea to try and balance crowds out.

Clamman73

MuHaha! I would do that just to see people's reaction to a 110 minute wait time for Dumbo.

spacemt354

Chili's

If that is true, then they have been doing that for years at Toy Story Midway Mania. Everytime we go in the summer the line for that attraction is always 100+ minutes.

backinaction

If true, it probably would have been quicker to leave Magic Kingdom, get on a bus to Animal Kingdom, ride Triceratop Spin, leave Animal Kingdom and get back to Magic Kingdom, than to wait for Dumbo! And you would have been able to have air conditioned seats on the bus and a change of scenery!
hahha you must not have waited for a disney bus recently. It takes much longer then that

MomofKatie

If that is true, then they have been doing that for years at Toy Story Midway Mania. Everytime we go in the summer the line for that attraction is always 100+ minutes.
We were at HS ready to use our FPs for TSM- the standby wait time was listed as 50 mins. We practically walked right on using our FPs, and when we exited the attraction, the CM at the entrance beckoned us over and told us we should ride again standby because there was "no wait". We did, and were in and out in less than 20 minutes. When we left the attraction, the standby time was listed at 60 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom